By David Chang

| Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012 | Updated 6:48 AM EST

View Comments (1087
    )
    |
    Email
    |
    Print

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][IMG]http://media.nbcphiladelphia.com/images/654*368/drone_shot_down_berksco.jpg[/IMG]

NBC10 Philadelphia - Doug Shimell
    Animal rights group SHARK says they were using a remote controlled drone to film a live pigeon shoot, when someone at a Berks County hunting club shot the device down. NBC10's Doug Shimell.

[COLOR=#333333]advertisement

Police are investigating an incident at a Berks County hunting club in which someone on the hunting grounds allegedly targeted a mechanical flying object rather than a living and breathing one.

SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) are in the midst of a campaign againstthe Wing Pointe commercial hunting grounds in Hamburg, Berks County and its live pigeon shoots in which the birds are shot down. SHARK began to use an

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    The gunshot caused around $4,000 in damage to the camera, according to SHARK.
    4 grand damage to a little 200 dollar camcorder? Good Grief

and here I thought that only the police and government were going to be allowed to spy on us with drones...
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I was watching some of the videos from SHARK's channel and they do have some legitimate claims about the law enforcement being clearly biased.

Unfortunately for them, this is NOT the way to stop shooting of birds while legal. Filming the actions of these guys, even if they did look like idiots at times, and then sending it into law enforcement to demand action or resignation, is the wrong way to do it.

The videos I watched showed the officers behaving poorly, but maybe this was the breaking point after years of harassment from SHARK.

Why shoot squab when you can hit the grand prize?
    Send one into my backyard and see how well it fares.
    Reminds me of the big blimp with cameras the Big Foot crew is sending out in Idaho Target practice is now open boys.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

7. Likes REDFOX liked this post
    I'm pretty sure sending in this contraption could be considered harassment of hunters, which is illegal in most states. I wonder if the shooting club has pursued this angle yet.