Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lomatium Canyon -- Arches National Park

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Its not the route is secret.... its that canyoneers need to stay on route to avoid creating trails and stomping crypto or we will lose access to the route. And it seems the best way to do this is go with someone that has done the route before. Canyoneers have been put on notice by the park that if we become a problem in the FF we will lose access.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Agreed (kinda). The reason for the quotes around the word secret are purposely placed. I had this argument with ram a few weeks ago when he commented on my TR on my Blog. I will still debate the concept of it being secret, mainly because it is kinda difficult to get beta to go into the FF. It took me more than a year to finally get someone to guide me through the route. (It was because of Bogley that that happened, so I am very grateful!)

All in all, there are MANY people out there with the beta to the route, but have been asked not to publish it and to keep it "secret", "held back", "hidden", and/or "shared selectively so that the canyoneering community can better regulate who gets access and how the FF routes are managed and traversed. I definitely see the benefit of doing the FF routes with someone who has been before and I am a proponent of it.

So yes I get why you and Ram say that it is not "Secret", but it is also NOT public and is not to be shared and publicly published. AND that is why I call it "secret." The fact that the beta can not be found public in my eyes makes this a secret route.

Anyway, I and am VERY grateful for people like you Ice, and others in this community, who readily provide beta to those who ask. If it was not for people like you, myself and others like me would not be able to enjoy the sports as much as we do! SO THANK YOU Shane for all that you do! Thanks again Ice for the help you gave me for this weekend. We did find krill and had a good time!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kuya clearly has too much time available. The movie trailer put a big on my face. Good entertainment on the TR!
    You just don't know how fast things can go wrong!

www.parkcitycarservice.com "Just Leave the driving to us"
    866-361-2925

On the move trailer.

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by heliski2 View Post
    Kuya clearly has too much time available. The movie trailer put a big on my face. Good entertainment on the TR!
    The iMovie trailer was easy and quick to make :) and it was made using video from this Saturdays trip :) I still have have yet to compile the actual Video TR. but you are right, sometimes I spend way to much time messing around with pictures and videos! lol
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Agreed (kinda).
    So yes I get why you and Ram say that it is not "Secret", but it is also NOT public and is not to be shared and publicly published. AND that is why I call it "secret." The fact that the beta can not be found public in my eyes makes this a secret route.
    many would say there is something in between secret and public (and this of course applies beyond canyoneering)

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    many would say there is something in between secret and public (and this of course applies beyond canyoneering)
    yes, yes. Very true. That is precisely where FF canyoneering routes are located; in the middle of secret and public.
    My YouTube Channel

iMovie trailer for Krill!

My YouTube Channel