Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Being Let Go

I thought about leaving up a webpage about suicide prevent to make it sound like I am taking this much worse than I am :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Name:  l2scna.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  46.1 KB

I am leaving this window up on my computer when I go into speak with HR. I hope whomever finds it, thinks it is funny.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! That's not really funny. Suicide is some serious shit. I wouldn't...even if you said you were joking, they would still have doubt in the back of their minds.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, I just got a text from my wife saying the same thing. So I'm backing off of that one. I enjoyed the subtly of it, but it really is crossing a line. I just closed it. I don't want to aim for humor and miss the "high road" and that really is a bit too far. Too bad :)

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! That's not really funny. Suicide is some serious shit. I wouldn't...even if you said you were joking, they would still have doubt in the back of their minds.
    Wow, yea I 2nd this. Its about as funny as throwing a baby off a cliff.
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Utah is a very small place. The IT world is even smaller. Whatever you do, leave with class and dignity. Burn a bridge and you'll have a tough time landing elsewhere. Trust me when I say (as a CTO/CIO), that we do talk about prospective employees, especially for those senior or hard-to-find positions. I'm hopeful your day ended well.

More doors will open.. the market is still pretty hot right now. PM me when you're ready to start looking again and I'll see what I can do.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Best of luck Discgo. Sorry for the bad news. I have family members in IT and they are changing jobs all the time. That is nuts.
    Life is Good

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Bummer dude. Not a fun time. Are you still waiting for the grim reaper? Let us know how it goes and if you need help finding a new gig.

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I was let go around 4. It probably went about as well as it could have gone. They gave me a month's severance which will actually really help me, while I get a plan together. At this point, I not feeling too badly about it. It was the right move for both parties, and I am just glad to have it behind me. Thanks for all the help everyone.

14. Likes tanya liked this post
    Good to hear. A month is very generous.

First thing Monday Morning head down and sign up for unenjoyment....

You have paid into the unemployment fund all these years so you deserve to collect in your time of need. That combined with your severance and a little belt tightening will go a long ways and give you time to get a good plan together.

And the most important thing of all.... remember to say it's Obama's fault when anyone ask what happened.

Good luck!

17. Likes Deathcricket, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ...< snip>Also remember the fastest way to get a raise is to get a new job. I have always been amazed more people have not figured that out.....< my snip>
    Also remember that the best way to get a better quality of life is get fired from a job you don't really like, take the severance payment. Then get another job, even if it means a reduction in pay.

And you get a few weeks of vacation in between; make the most of it with your loved ones.

[edit:] just caught up with the last 1/2 hour of transmissions...Good luck and use the Month for something useful or memorable...I used mine to go to Utah & learn Canyoneering; thanks Shane & MoabMark [/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    First thing Monday Morning head down and sign up for unenjoyment....

You have paid into the unemployment fund all these years so you deserve to collect in your time of need. That combined with your severance and a little belt tightening will go a long ways and give you time to get a good plan together.

And the most important thing of all.... remember to say it's Obama's fault when anyone ask what happened.

Good luck!
    This is sage advice. Take the unemployment, and sign up for it ASAP because sometimes it takes up to a month for it to kick in.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Still in a hiring frenzy over here at EMC... Lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka View Post
    Still in a hiring frenzy over here at EMC... Lemme know and I'll see what I can do.
    I am hoping they will still be hiring in March. If I can't get my own thing going by then, I would REALLY appreciate the referral.

Well, we're at around 400 people thus far and we have an agreement with the state to hire 750 folks total, so I figure if we continue ramping up as we have been, we be hiring until around the end of summer next year. Hope you get your own business off the ground. If you need help with the programming side of things, let me know and I can provide hookups there as well. As for the referral, you know... my house sure could use a few new layers of paint... ;) Kidding. A referral is obviously implied. There's plenty of IT around here, but IT with personality is not so common.

Thank you again everyone for the positive support. I am accepting a job offer for quite a bit more than I was making, so I am pretty pleased with how things turned out :)

24. Likes tanya liked this post

Re: I'm Being Let Go

Awesome!

Sent using Tapatalk

Woo congrats buddy! Very happy for you and wish you the best luck in your new spot. You rock!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

SWEET!!!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Congrats to you AND your family
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum