Thread: Zion for Thansgiving

Zion for Thansgiving

We are going to Zion for Thanksgiving, Was just wondering if anyone else was going? Its always good to meet new peeps. Also some suggestions of canyons or places to explore. The 10 day weather is showing 62ish for a hi and low 40s for the low. Would like to do Pine Creek and anything else with Raps no more than 100ft. Does anyone know how the water levels are right now, I think there was a little snow last weekend and possibly some for next weekend. We have 4/3 full suits, would that be enough or should we just stay away from anything with water? Thanks in advance.

Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Most of our group here is St. George will be around and had talked about doing something. Are you talking Thanksgiving day or are you around for the whole weekend?

We are planning on getting in Wed night late. If traffic is bad we will stop for the night hopefully in mesquite. 2nd half of the group gets in Thur around 1pm. We have 1 person in St George coming for Fri and sat. heading back to L.A. on Sunday. 2 of us have done Pine Creek and Keyhole, 4 of us have done Subway top down. 1 has never done anything and thats the one from St. George. LOL. Was thinking Yankee Doodle, Boltergeist and Snake Alley and Sidewinder would be good starters. Depending on water levels and temps would like to hit Keyhole and Pine Creek. We also be up for something new.

It won't really matter the water levels in pine creek, it will be chilly no matter what. Behunion and spry are always fun. Could do a full day of Yankee/boltergiest/hidden star. Let me find out if I have any obligations Friday or Saturday and I will get back to you

We've got a party of 5 probably doing Behunin on Saturday. It's already a decent size group, but swapping stories over chimichangas might be fun....

We have Saturday open without any definite plans if somebody wants to do something

How cold do you think Keyhole and Pinecreek will be? We have 4/3 wetsuits. Not sure on what to do Thur, dinner is at 5 at Blondies. I was thinking yankee doodle area on Friday and keyhole and pine creek Sat. Pizza noodle for dinner on Fri. and we are camping in Watchman if anyone wants to meet up.

Blog Entries

Zion for Thansgiving

I've done Keyhole in March, flowing ice and tons of water in a skintight 5mm wetsuit. The body was fine, but man my hands and feet so cold. So, November should be a bit nicer than that.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

My mom kinda wants to go but has never been. We are prob going to to a boltergiest / hidden star on Saturday if you want to head that direction again. I don't think pine creek will be a problem at all if you end up wanting to do it. Anybody wanting to join us is more than welcome to

11. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    We just got into town. Looks like Yankee doodle is our plan for Friday and keyhole and pinecreek on sat. Still not sure about turkyday if it changes I will let you know