Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He Got One!! - 500 XC-W

Ya Fourtycal you'll like this one and the riding down here is fantastic and snow free.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

He Got One!! - 500 XC-W

Looks sharp! I like the white highlights. You might turn me back to orange...wait @Garbanzo better not read this!

I think I found a winner but only time will tell.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

In all honesty I wanted one used at least half the price and was hoping to get some little tent trailer to offset it all.

Guess my old ass will be sleeping on the ground in a tent after all. (small price to pay in my way of seeing things).

Took the new to me ride out for a little single track action desert style this morn.
    Even with many adjustments that were needed I was able to just about dbl. my course speed.
    Spent the rest of the day making some much needed adjustments to get her more dialed in.
    The throttle was driving me nuts with about a 1/4 inch play- Fixed
    The rear suspension was mule kicking a bit more than I like- Fixed I hope I'll know Tuesday afternoon.
    Rear break was set so low that I needed to take my foot off the peg to apply- Fixed
    Fast Flex bars I threw on late last night needed a slight tweek-Fixed
    My tire gauge is junk and I was running 7 lbs on both front and rear-Fixed
    Front forks seemed mighty close so now it's just a one at a time click till I get her all dialed.

He Got One!! - 500 XC-W

Awesome!

Slowly but surely.
    Got two 34 min vids from my go-pro and man do I look slow

Before our ride out to Cherry creek, Garbonzo checked my tire pressure and we found that I was running 5 lbs.

Let me guess. Your running mx51's Them buggers will run on hope alone.
    Sometimes it's the little things that can screw up a good ride
    The tires that come stock on my new ride must have side walls of steel cause you'd think it would stand out like a sore thumb when you tie em down tight in the old pick em up truck.

Re: He Got One!! - 500 XC-W

IRC 140. 11lbs. All hook up. Just sayin. ....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I think for now I'll stick with the 15lbs the manual says till I figure out the suspension to were I'm optimal then maybe mess around with the air some.

Why? CAUSE I'M JUST A NOOBBY.

Maybe when I get some orange KTM stickers for the truck:D

But on a short note:
    I am in need of some DOT tires long enough to get my street taggs

I may just be able to work a deal with a case of Hostess Twinkies.:~)
    Not sure the shelf life but they have to be more than SPAM in the CAN.

IRC are a desert riders stand by. Not long in the tooth but hook up very well in the sand and scrub.

The only bike I have ever owned that could pull a 140 was my BRP and I had to drop the chain guide to do it.
    That's one fat girl 140.
    It was a terra flex and all I can say is do not try to mount or fix a flat yourself..........Trust me on this one.

I think these boys still carry them - but the tire has been out of business for several years I believe.
    http://www.mandhtires.com/Teraflex-Tires#.UKm53o77DP0

$109.50 Big Bore Bikes Only.
    Meanest tire you'll ever lay eyes on.
    Brand new the tread is something like 2.75 " For real. And yes it is DOT approved.

He Got One!! - 500 XC-W

Nice plastic...

Funny I got the six day papers of all the neeto extras and I do have them MINUS the graphics and tons of other goodies What happened to mine? And I should of got the sicass rear bag with the deal.
    Guess that's how it goes when you buy one with 95 miles and 5.8 hrs.
    I did however get the AC/DC wiring kit installed.

HMMMM that sure is a sweet looking bike.

Name:  IMG_1951.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  101.3 KBName:  IMG_1952.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  95.5 KB

Looks the same right?
    Nothing could be further from the truth

Wow
    This thing is a monster.
    Good for about evrything so far and not bashfull about nothing.
    I had about a 1/4 play in the throttle so I tookit down to nothing. Like turning on and off a light switch-not cool.
    Big mistake and next 1/8" play.
    I'm so used to hitting the throttle hard out of sand washes that I really need to chill a bit.
    A new game for sure but I am getting smoother by the ride.

It's perfect.
    Take it nice and easy for the tight stuff and crack that bitch open for the fun stuff.
    It's like this fuel injection made two bikes into one.

Simply unreal

Visitors found this page by searching for:

trip button for xc-w 500