Thread: Frog hollow first rap length

Frog hollow first rap length

The weather this weekend is supposed to be good so we are going to head over to frog hollow on Sunday. I've asked around a bit and have heard from 180'-240' on the first rap. I don't mind packing my 300' but if I don't have to then that is a bonus. Just curious if anybody has any better info on it and if anybody wants to come they are invited

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Went through Frog Hollow a year ago. We took a 100, a 200, and a 300 foot rope. The big rap is about 240 to 260 and it is very straightforward (maybe straight down) meaning that it is an easy long rap - nothing like a 'Heaps' or 'Waterholes' long rap. When we were at the bottom we debated whether we could have done the big rap with just the 200 and 300 - but it looked like it would be close.
    Also, check out all the bolts at the second rap. This is a great example of what could happen in other canyons when a commercial operator has permission to bolt a route. Count how many bolts you can find. If you didn't have an opinion on bolting before, you probably will after this trip.
    Enjoy!

Sounds good. We had pretty much decided to take a 300' and 200' w/pull cord. This trip has been postponed for 2 weeks for anybody that was thinking about joining us or would like to the weekend of the 2nd