Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baptist Draw / Upper Chute

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    The beauty of this logic is the fact that you STILL were able to go on a date with a supermodel either way!
    Yeah, this is true! Baptist and Chute are a great way to spend a day out in the desert.

The day that we visited we were moving quite slow. We were past the 8 hour mark when we arrived at the Chute/Fault junction. The three of us were checked out mentally and ready for some cold beer. Don't care who ya are, candyass or hardman , once you and your group have "checked out", a scenic stroll in the desert will soon become a death march. We were all acutely aware that we had 2.7 uphill miles back to camp, and we simply weren't in the mood.

FWIW, the Baptist/Chute/Fault loop is 8.4 miles. The Baptist/North Upper Chute loop is only 4.4 miles.

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    The day that we visited we were moving quite slow. We were past the 8 hour mark when we arrived at the Chute/Fault junction. The three of us were checked out mentally
    I'm learning that actual time on the hoof has more to do with physical exertion than miles traveled (at least to me).

I can do a easy 8 hour/6 mile slot with the family or a hardcore 8 hour/12 mile/R rated slot with my friends and at the end of the day I'm 8 hours tired and the mileage/degree of difficulty doesn't really mean a lot to me.