Thread: Allen Dump canyons?

Allen Dump canyons?

So in gathering beta and reading maps in scouting the Egypts, I couldn't help but notice the enticing looking lines on the map just north of the Egypt canyons, draining the north slopes of the Allen Dump. I tried to do some research using many search threads and a bunch of old trip report scouts but couldn't seem to come up with much more beyond this trip report from Tom, and some limited pics and a quick video on Facebook that a gentleman from Kanab posted. Tom said he wasn't impressed, but given some of the things he does for fun it's likely his version of mundane might be something we are interested in. No pops on this one, just me and my friends who are all experienced. Anybody willing to part with any little bit of info? I appreciate it and/or will buy beer if/when we ever meet? Sorry, it's all I got....PM if you don't want to go public.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Excursions of Escalante are running trips out there. Maybe ask Rick Green?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Since they have no drainage feeding into them, they are more cracks than canyons.

Some interesting terrain, but not much in the way of real canyoneering.

Tom

As Tom says, they aren't great canyons, especially by Escalante standards. The one in the upper middle of your map however, is the standard route into Harris Wash from the Egypt bench and is part of the Harris Wash to Fence Canyon/Egypt Loop, though most people entered that side canyon near its mouth to avoid bushwhacking.

The loop used to be somewhat popular, but it seems that interest has declined in recent years. I'm guessing one main reason for this is because most people using that trailhead head straight to Neon Canyon instead or (a lesser amount) do the Egypt/25 Mile loop which passes the Golden Cathedral in Neon Canyon. Another reason is that Harris Wash is becoming more overgrown than it used to be.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.