Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile in Colorado...

Re: Meanwhile in Colorado...

I'm seriously considering the idea. The best way to make a lot of cash is get in on the ground floor of something new. Bank rolling the project is not an issue... but finding the time and energy to be the first to jump through the thousands of hoops is a major concern.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The best way to make a lot of cash is get in on the ground floor of something new.
    You're probably too late for the Colorado bandwagon. Pot stores are nothing new in Colorado and it takes a few dollars and about 30 seconds to get a "perscription". Here is Craig, a town small enough that you can ride a bike across in a few minutes has at least three long standing pot stores (not hidden, but with big signs). The only difference now is that you don't have to pay a few dollars for the "percription" because it is now legally recreational.

Leadville, a town of about 2800 people had at least nine "medical" dispensaries at last count. They sure have a lot of sick people that are in dire need of medical marijuana. What percent of the population has to be deathly ill to support that many dispensaries in a town that small?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

So here's the question after the cheeto stains are wiped from the fingertips...

What percentage of the existing Marijuana culture will quit partaking the home grown herb, and head over to the shop? What happens to those who continue to harvest the higher (pun intended) quality product instead of partaking of the government regulated oppressed plant?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    You're probably too late for the Colorado bandwagon. Pot stores are nothing new in Colorado and it takes a few dollars and about 30 seconds to get a "perscription". Here is Craig, a town small enough that you can ride a bike across in a few minutes has at least three long standing pot stores (not hidden, but with big signs). The only difference now is that you don't have to pay a few dollars for the "percription" because it is now legally recreational.

Leadville, a town of about 2800 people had at least nine "medical" dispensaries at last count. They sure have a lot of sick people that are in dire need of medical marijuana. What percent of the population has to be deathly ill to support that many dispensaries in a town that small?
    Lots of people operate businesses as a hedge against others they own. In other words, the pot dispensary that "looses" money is used to offset taxes paid on the business that actually makes money.

A hiking buddy of mine owns a bookstore here in Denver. It's a little place off Broadway, with lots of ratty books on dusty shelves. It doesn't make a dime...but it saves him plenty in taxes when he writes off the "loss". All kinds of ways to game the system...

Here's today's latest. I told my daughter she better start her own 6 plants, because there probably won't be a legit place to buy it for almost a year. Lot's of red tape and tax issues. And .... it's still illegal federally.
    Most of the medical dispensaries don't want the feds coming down on them, so may stay out of the regular retail until someone comes up with a plan.

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2...will-feds-say/

So do you have to be a resident of Colorado in order to be protected by the law? I bet most employers will still have it against policy so this will be interesting to watch

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    So do you have to be a resident of Colorado in order to be protected by the law? I bet most employers will still have it against policy so this will be interesting to watch

I agree...this issue is quite intriguing. I read an article the other day that was written by a doctor that lamented the legalization because of a number of societal and health dangers...and then it concluded by saying that legalization was the right thing to do.

So for those of you who live in Colorado or Washington --- have you seen folks strutting around brazenly smoking pot in public?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I would imagine that this is going to be treated a lot like alcohol? I would think they wouldn't want people walking down the street smoking a doobie.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

"In Routt County, where a total of 63 percent of voters supported Amendment 64, Sheriff Garrett Wiggins acknowledged that while he wasn’t surprised the measure passed, “obviously it was not to my liking.” Wiggins was among the heads of local and regional law enforcement agencies who spoke out against Amendment 64 before the election, citing in part a concern that it might increase use of marijuana among children."

IMO, this is an asinine statement. So, since alcohol and tobacco may be at some point be accessible to children, should we ban those substances as well?

Why is Marijuana a Schedule 1 drug? - Lumped right in there with LSD, Exstacy, and Heroin, and scheduled above cocaine, morphine, and PCP. It's ABSURD!!

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I would imagine that this is going to be treated a lot like alcohol?
    EXACTLY! What the potheads don't understand is their battle for legalization will still NEVER allow them to grow their own or buy from their preferred dealer. This legalization means almost nothing to the "progressive" movement because it does not involve the home grown crop in any way. It's still illegal!

There have already been synthetic marijuana substitutes manufactured that provide the same "healing" qualities, but without the high. Watch for these to arrive at your government sponsored head shops soon. You want the government to support your marijuana use? Watch out for their answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    EXACTLY! What the potheads don't understand is their battle for legalization will still NEVER allow them to grow their own or buy from their preferred dealer. This legalization means almost nothing to the "progressive" movement because it does not involve the home grown crop in any way. It's still illegal!

There have already been synthetic marijuana substitutes manufactured that provide the same "healing" qualities, but without the high. Watch for these to arrive at your government sponsored head shops soon. You want the government to support your marijuana use? Watch out for their answer.
    I don't think so. The Fed's answer isn't gonna come in the form of "Spice" or even Marinol (a pill containing THC, but is rarely used since the real form is superior). And yes the "potheads" may grow their own. Read the Regs:

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
    (a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
    (b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
    (c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
    (d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
    (e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.

Ah, I missed the 6 plants part.
    I knew it. I tried to warn you that Mountain Dew was a gateway drug. Now you are looking into growing pot?

I thought some photos I saw look mysteriously like 'Beech.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

15. Likes Byron, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I knew it. I tried to warn you that Mountain Dew was a gateway drug. Now you are looking into growing pot?

I thought some photos I saw look mysteriously like 'Beech.

The regs basically support the use of weed for personal use. They just don't want folks to become distributors....which would inevitably lead to smuggling across inter-state borders.

The Feds have 2 options at this point as I see it:

1. Decriminalize on a national level, tax and regulate - which would generate income.

or

2. Fight Colorado & Washington tooth and nail, and force them to overturn state laws - which in addition to causing riots, costs money.

MESSAGE TO OBAMA: DO THE PRACTICAL THING. I didn't say "right thing" for a reason, as the term "right" is a subjective one, and has varying definitions according to who you ask.

From the AP:

"The current Mexican administration has been vehemently opposed to pro-marijuana measures in the U.S., and President Felipe Calderon spoke out against a similar legalization move in California two years ago. Calderon and members of his Cabinet remained silent Wednesday on the U.S. votes."

Hmmmmmmm....I wonder why?

18. Likes bowjunkie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    MESSAGE TO OBAMA: DO THE PRACTICAL THING.
    Like his BIG statement supporting Gay Marriage, and then saying he wants to leave it to the states? Yeah, Obama won't do nuttin' for this cause. He may come out (no pun intended) and say weed is cool, that he smoked it once in a while, but he'll end his statement with how he isn't gonna do sh*t about it.

20. Likes Byron, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I shared this idea with my mom who started flapping her arms around and saying all kinds of nonsense, quoting bogus "studies," and telling me about how thousands of people overdose on Marijuana a year. Nice try mom.
    Testament to propaganda's effectiveness.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Like his BIG statement supporting Gay Marriage, and then saying he wants to leave it to the states? Yeah, Obama won't do nuttin' for this cause. He may come out (no pun intended) and say weed is cool, that he smoked it once in a while, but he'll end his statement with how he isn't gonna do sh*t about it.

Yeah, I guess option 3 is remain aloof, and let the situation play out on it's own. It could be that the Feds are watching this situation closely to see how it pans out in CO and WA. If things pan out for the best and people remain civil about it, its possible that decriminalization is not too far off. IMO if weed were treated with similar laws as alcohol and properly enforced it shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Testament to propaganda's effectiveness.

No Sh*t!!

Obama has stated he smoked pot and snorted cocaine back in the days. But yeah he wont do jack. I'm happy to see this law pass. Woot!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    (b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

I guess it's time, to exercise my Colorado voted rights. I just need to find the right seeds. Hmmm, 6 plants. Since I hardly ever smoke it, and it's illegal to sell, what shall I do with it. I guess I will have to give it away to some willing participant over 21. Colorado resident I imagine.
    Sheesh!!! What a problem!

27. Likes rockgremlin liked this post