Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile in Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    OK so how does the law abiding citizen begin to grow 6 plants without illegally obtaining seeds from somebody else?
    The true law abiding citizen doesn't.... because you are still breaking federal law. And I believe it was mentioned elsewhere, but the Federal punishment is a serious matter if they decide to nail you. I'm and easy going guy so I say why take a chance?

If you want to know more....

Federal Marijuana Law

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Something tells me the feds aren't likely to bother with someone growing six plants, when they could nail a dispensary distributing much larger quantities. They don't approve of medical marijuana either, and they haven't busted any of the Colo shops up to this point. I think they're taking a wait and see attitude.

You can even grow 99 plants here in Utah without breaking Federal Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    OK so how does the law abiding citizen begin to grow 6 plants without illegally obtaining seeds from somebody else?
    It's in the regs again. See part c. Transfer of one ounce of pot to a person 21 or older is OK. The seeds may be found in the buds. At any rate I would assume if transfer of buds to another is ok, that transfer of seeds is ok too.

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
    (a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
    (b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
    (c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
    (d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
    (e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

A quote from the Federal Marijuana law:

"Under federal law, marijuana is treated like every other controlled substance, such as cocaine and heroin. The federal government places every controlled substance in a schedule, in principle according to its relative potential for abuse and medicinal value. Under the CSA, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug, which means that the federal government views marijuana as highly addictive and having no medical value."

^^^This is horse shit. If Marijuana were truly that addictive then all of the rehab centers in this country would be overrun -- and Obama and Clinton would be in there doing the 12 steps, having admitted to smoking pot. Highly addictive drugs are Meth, Coke and Heroin...but not pot.

I only hope the Feds won't step in and file a lawsuit in an attempt to override state law.
    There's really nothing to override. Basically the State Law just says that you won't be prosecuted under state law, but still affirms that it is illegal under Federal law. It doesn't try to override Federal law, in fact they have been quite clear that it is still against Federal law.

In otherwords, we the state of Colorado won't prosecute, but if the Feds do, you are on your own. We'll collect the taxes on your sales too.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I sense an impending shitstorm. The Feds now have 2 states worth of citizens to round up and throw in jail. Not including the other 15 states that have legalized medical marijuana.

I'm curious to see how employers in those states are going to react. And what about traffic stops of suspected users...that crap stays in your system for a long time...I think. Too many what ifs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riseforms View Post
    I'm curious to see how employers in those states are going to react. And what about traffic stops of suspected users...that crap stays in your system for a long time...I think. Too many what ifs for me.

THC is stored in fat cells, and therefore stays in your system longer than other substances. It typically takes up to one month (pot free) to bring the THC levels down to almost nil. I am willing to bet that any employer that is involved in heavy industry (ie Mining, Construction, Transportation, etc) will fire any employee caught with THC in their urine. It kinda needs to be that way. So good for accountants and secretaries, etc, but bad for laborers, construction workers, etc.

Just what I need, my accountant blazing it up before prepping my quarterlies. Well, if I was in Colorado anyway.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    A quote from the Federal Marijuana law:

"Under federal law, marijuana is treated like every other controlled substance, such as cocaine and heroin. The federal government places every controlled substance in a schedule, in principle according to its relative potential for abuse and medicinal value. Under the CSA, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug, which means that the federal government views marijuana as highly addictive and having no medical value."

^^^This is horse shit. .
    Then quit

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Then quit
    Can't quit somethin you haven't started.

Drugs are bad, and the feds will arrest you.... now where did I set that beer?
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Propaganda + ignorance = public policy

Should replace the word "Reefer" with "The Media"

Gee, seems like a lot of you folks really don't dig the ganja...personally, I can't wait to buy a bag of sticky, sweet, stinky, juicy buds. The sooner they get this ironed out, and the sooner I can indulge, the better.

I've smoked enough pot in my lifetime to choke a goat. I enjoy it immensely, but never even came close to being addicted...take it or leave it, really. I've never been the wake and bake type. However, I'm certainly aware that it can be addictive for SOME people...I've known guys that would drive 300 miles at 3o'clock in the morning to get more if they ran out. Sucks to be them, I say...that's the Libertarian part of me coming out.

Re: Meanwhile in Colorado...

I really don't care one way or the other about weed. I see it about like alcohol and believe it should controlled and sold similar to booze.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Gee, seems like a lot of you folks really don't dig the ganja...personally, I can't wait to buy a bag of sticky, sweet, stinky, juicy buds. The sooner they get this ironed out, and the sooner I can indulge, the better.

I've smoked enough pot in my lifetime to choke a goat. I enjoy it immensely, but never even came close to being addicted...take it or leave it, really. I've never been the wake and bake type. However, I'm certainly aware that it can be addictive for SOME people...I've known guys that would drive 300 miles at 3o'clock in the morning to get more if they ran out. Sucks to be them, I say...that's the Libertarian part of me coming out.

Brutha you nailed it on the head. I've spoken with a $hit-ton of people about this topic - some squeaky clean Mormons, some are sometime drug users (weed, shrooms, X), and some hard-core junkies (meth, heroin). All of the folks familiar with drugs say the same thing: Pot is small potatoes - it's like smoking cigarettes for them. I ask how they got started? From sneaking beer from corner marts and bumming cigs from friends who stole them from their parent's coat pocket/purse. From there they went to shrooms, X, and cough medicine. Pot was NOT what got them started doing drugs.

The folks most uptight about pot are mostly ignorant about the issue - lumping all drugs into one category: BAD. They grasp at straws to justify their stance - like my mom claiming that "thousands of people overdose on Marijuana every year."

I agree with Ice - I believe pot should be taxed and regulated like alcohol. This phony "war on drugs" is a scam.

20. Likes Byron liked this post

Meanwhile in Colorado...

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2...ing-pot-cases/
    Boulder has also decided to drop any cases with less than an ounce and over 21.
    It's a new world!