Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving weekend

I have talked to nesolnccc a while back about a possible get together at Gold Butte.
    Have not heard back from him so I'm Thinking lets just ask if anyone is interested in a ride/camp/ride out by Gold Butte on the big weekend after they get their feel of turkey and such?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gold Butte is at the south west area south of the Virgin river just out of Mesquite,NV.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I'm not sure if this would work out as a ride and camp or a camp a ride.
    It does make a big difference from one or the other but maybe this is one that some ATV guys could get into.

Any thoughts's ?

I can string up a mean a#$ tilton hilton with a slugg of tarps and my wyoming saw,Tomahawk and a small pack shovel and 550 cord.
    You know like if we get to the high country stuff.

And the rest can just show up with the toy haulers.

Thanksgiving weekend

Acca and I camped out at Gold Butte a couple of years ago. Had some good riding but was way the hell out there... We kind of left it as a once was enough location. There is a lot closer area called Whitney Pockets that isn't so far out there that I'm told has better riding... Tanner and his dad camp put there. Might want to look at that as a possibility.

Great I have never done it and all the info I can get is always welcome.
    I have never met Tanners dad but I do remember Tanner. Hard one to forget.
    That kid can ride!

Wish I could go back 40 years and do this thing all over again

But if anyone has a ride on this weekend say fri-sat.After the big feast, Please by all means holler and let's give something a shot.

Would not hurt my feelings at all to try say Cherry Creek.

May have to change my for sale ad from 6 extra oil filters to three.:)

I usually try to ride thanksgiving weekend. I might need to stick closer around here though. Have to see how it shakes out. Cherry Creek could certainly be an option.

Sweet
    I've always wanted to but never had the chance to do it yet.
    It looks like it offers tight and get her out of 3rd gear kind of riding.

I meen it's basically about a three hour ride for me and that is great if we don't get any major snow just prior to ride time.
    And if you need to stay somewhat close to home and it does snow I have no idea of what may work as a back up plan.

However rarely does it get to snowy on this weekend but it can and has.

But then again I have headed out to the deep creeks for new years before and been just fine.

Let me know.

I am not completely sure of my plans yet but a group of old Broncos will be at the sand dunes that weekend and I may just be camped at Oasis with them. I will keep an eye on this thread, a ride around cherry creek might just sway me that way.

Thanksgiving weekend

That Saturday could work for me. Putting on calendar.

The Friday would be a second choice depending on weather...

I think that I will be riding Cherry creek for the first time this Thursday before the snow hits. Friday after thanksgiving I will probably ride out at the warner valley area and possibly Thanksgiving late morning in the Santa Clara wash near Ivins.

Re: Thanksgiving weekend

I was planning on riding this Thursday. I was heading to Hobble Creek, but would rather not ride alone. What time are you planning on heading to Cherry Creek?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I think that I will be riding Cherry creek for the first time this Thursday before the snow hits. Friday after thanksgiving I will probably ride out at the warner valley area and possibly Thanksgiving late morning in the Santa Clara wash near Ivins.
    who you riding with thursday?

The weather will be the deciding factor for me.
    I can ride the rain down here without any real issues but blowing snow up that way just sounds like a long ride for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    who you riding with thursday?
    I'm in either way. Just let me know if either of you are going .

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Acca and I camped out at Gold Butte a couple of years ago. Had some good riding but was way the hell out there... We kind of left it as a once was enough location. There is a lot closer area called Whitney Pockets that isn't so far out there that I'm told has better riding... Tanner and his dad camp put there. Might want to look at that as a possibility.
    When he says Gold Butte he really means Whitney Pockets and no the old ghost town out in the boonies. There is some superb riding out there with a phenomenal trail between whitney and gold butte. All the good riding occurs within 30-40 mile loops around Whitney.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I could probably swing a ride thanksgiving weekend in the Gold Butte area. I'm going to Disneyland the week after so I'm trying to conserve funds.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I'm in either way. Just let me know if either of you are going .

Meaning tomorrow. Not Thanksgiving.