Thread: LED Headlamp Choice

LED Headlamp Choice

I'm looking for a different LED headlamp and figured all you outdoor folks would have some good input. I currently have a Princeton Tec Remix but, need something else with at least a 200 lumen setting and has a narrower beam to shine farther down the trail. I x-country ski at night a lot during the winter and the Remix, while a great little headlamp, just isn't quite powerful enough. Under $100 also. Thoughts?
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have the petzl xp it's nice for around the camp type stuff and hiking but for true sporting I've moved onto bigger and brighter lights. When I first bought my majicshine deal extreme knockoff i thought it was too big to wear on my helmet but now I wear it almost exclusively when doing anything at night. Trust me for $25 it's the best headlamp you can get. I've got mine here at the office since I'm going night biking tonight. I think they are made for biking, but I find myself using mine when camping, snowboarding, hiking. It's just so damn bright. Even on the low setting it lasts forever and is still WAAAYY brighter than my Petzl. Now it's not as light or as portable as the true headlamps, but when you need to cut through the darkness it's the way to go. I've been using mine for over a year now probably about 2-3 times a month for night mtn bike rides and probably 4-5 camping trips. I even used it when hiking and hunting.

http://dx.com/p/p7-water-resistant-s...-set-901082734

Name:  IMG_3080 (Large).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  43.7 KBName:  IMG_3081 (Large).jpg
Views: 216
Size:  45.4 KBName:  IMG_3082 (Large).jpg
Views: 221
Size:  52.9 KB
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Im going to replace my Petzl with a Spark 500cw sts6 I think.

http://www.sbflashlights.com/Spark-H...00CW-p106.html

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I'm looking for a different LED headlamp and figured all you outdoor folks would have some good input. I currently have a Princeton Tec Remix but, need something else with at least a 200 lumen setting and has a narrower beam to shine farther down the trail. I x-country ski at night a lot during the winter and the Remix, while a great little headlamp, just isn't quite powerful enough. Under $100 also. Thoughts?
    Hello friend have you got the headlamp you were looking for? Even I need new headlamp so can you give me some good advice..Sorry for old thread posting but please helo me..

The Princeton Tec Fuel is my favorite for around camp and such. I don't have a recommendation at the out put levels you're talking about.

I use Fenix for compact high output flashlights and they have headlamps at reasonable pricepoints with the performance you're looking for.
    http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-f...headlamps.html