Thread: Road condition to Toroweap Overlook

Road condition to Toroweap Overlook

I am think of heading out to Toroweap Overlook next week. Does anyone one know the road condition? I will be driving a rental car like a Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar. What are your thoughts? How long does it take?

Thanks for you help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The roads are good right now and you'll have no trouble with a Grand Cherokee. I would suggest you verify that the spare is in working order before leaving the rental agency. And you really should buy a can of tire sealant on your way. Rental car tires are cheap and there are many flats out there. Oh .... and I wouldn't be too eager to disclose that you'll be traversing 122 miles of dirt roads during your rental period

Have a ball - it's a beautiful place.

Rich

Thanks for the update and I am not telling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by superstition View Post
    The roads are good right now and you'll have no trouble with a Grand Cherokee. I would suggest you verify that the spare is in working order before leaving the rental agency. And you really should buy a can of tire sealant on your way. Rental car tires are cheap and there are many flats out there. Oh .... and I wouldn't be too eager to disclose that you'll be traversing 122 miles of dirt roads during your rental period

Have a ball - it's a beautiful place.

Rich
    We were out there a year ago and wouldn't you know, we had to deal with a flat. Bad spare. Fortunately we had some tire sealant and an air compressor. It was also nice caravanning with 2 other vehicles just in case. You should be able to cruise all the way to the park entrance. Then it gets a little less maintained. The last few miles are slow going, but that is why so few people get out there. Can't beat the view!