Thread: Motorcycle drivers license ?

Motorcycle drivers license ?

Can I take the written test and pass to register a bike to get a plate to do the driving part of test?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In Nevada you can register the bike anytime it's not tied to your drivers license. To get the 'm' on the license you take the written test and the driving test. I registered my first bike months before I ever got the 'm'. Then practiced during the week at night at the driving course till I could do it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Hey thanks nelsonccc I was just wondering cause I'm selling both mine and I really want one that I can street legal seems I'm so close to such great ridding.
    Sure would beat loading into the truck for 12 or 30 miles and back again.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

So did you ever tag one in Utah this way?
    Seems like you should be able to do this if nothing else just so you can practice if nothing else but then again this is Utah and they are about 100 years behind the rest.

Everything since 911 has gotten very uptight to say the least. For those that have not had the pleasure yet of renewing your Drivers Lic. in the last two years it is a mess and you need some 1/2 doz. non photo or laminated documents lately. It is insane. I joined the army with just memorizing my social security # but them days are long gone baby.

I'll bet within 20 years they will insist on computer chip implants (the mark of the beast).

I'm not worried about passing and will most likely take a certified safety course just cause I believe in such things.
    IN the old days if you bought a new motorcycle from the dealership they tagged it as part of the final sales costs and it was done regaurdless wether you had a MC on your dr. lic. or not. Then every year you would just have it inspected and pay the money at the DMV.

Re: Motorcycle drivers license ?

I believe UT is same as NV in that license and reg are two different items.

Sent using Tapatalk

They will issue you a temporary license for practice. Maybe after the written exam, not sure.

You don't need a motorcycle riders license to get plates on your bike. If your bike can pass state inspection, just like a car or truck, take the inspection paperwork when you go to license it the first time and get a plate.

I'm heading down this route in the Spring. Since I was reading about it I had to go check to make sure my SSN, birth certificate, and passport were where they should be. Even though I know where this stuff should be and it is always there, I always feel like I have to go visually make sure it is there. What a mess trying to renew if you are missing this stuff. It is all there, I am good to go.
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!