Thread: Cycling & Doping

Cycling & Doping

Anyone else read Tyler Hamilton's book:

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs

It's a great read, I couldn't put it down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nope but I will be soon :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I was trying to figure out "duping"...I guess that was supposed to be "doping"!?

I don't know if any of you watch the Joe Rogan podcast, but there was an amazing one from the guy who started doping all the top Olympians, cyclists, boxers, football, baseball, you name it . He went over his tactics used and the results he got from it. And how they bypassed the regulations. I had no idea how effective the process was and he gives an amazing amount of details. One baseball player put on 60 pound in like 4 weeks, and turned into the hulk pretty much. he also talks about Bob Sapp who is a MMA fighter, dude was roided out. And they also talked about how you perform worse on steroids, but once they clear from your system you get to keep the "gains" from the "off season" when you used them. So they basically let you train harder than everyone else. The optimal taper off time is 10-14 days. So they plan their schedule accordingly. I was pretty enthralled.

Could you picture being stuck in a cage fighting this guy? He is 6'5" and 350 pounds btw......
    Name:  bobsapprunning.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  25.8 KB
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Finally got time to read this.. Great read... still don't think Armstrong should have lost his titles.. but he should just fess up ;)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"