Thread: Honda's new rocket ship CRF450R

Honda's new rocket ship CRF450R

They say it is all air suspension.

Now to do that you would have to overcome a few things like altitude, Temperature and moister I'm guessing.
    Can anyone clear this up a bit for me?
    An engineer I am not but it sounds like something of a gamble for Honda to me.
    I meen most and all pilots know the Temp. with air is everything for take off at same said elevation. (EX: the hotter it gets the longer it takes to get lift.)

Yet Honda is saying already that they can not be matched by any other bike?? For this new design.

I have no clue again.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They claim it is easily adjusted on the trail with just a simple bicycle pump.
    Wonder if it is ok to use co2 cartridges? They are mighty cold going in.
    This one is going right over my head for sure.
    Miniture air bags? in the forks?

I know back in the seventies this was tried by many and then they all went to nitrous I think it was.

I know the fire guys can lift a big cargo truck off a car to help save lifes.(air baggs)
    But I'm thinking that this air in a shock has to be displaced some where with a return valve of sorts. (lighter) hmmm.
    I just find it very interesting to say the least.
    But to keep it as light as they would need to for race them forks must be made from some serious stuff. Titanium is my best guess.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I bet we see dirt bikes hit the 20k mark inside of 5 years.

Lord help us if we only have a choice of electric dirt bikes in the very near future.
    THem bitc-has are not going to be cheap.

Crap that is not even the worst part. Just try to find fuel for an old school bike( the ones we enjoy right now) next year.
    We already are getting all this bio bull %10 shoved down our throats in the name of green by the same sob that gave us cash for classics I mean clunkers that dirty SOB.

wut?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Deathcricket? is yours Fuel Injected?
    I forget what you got yourself this last year but I'm thinking a V-strom?

Don't really matter much as this gas and our designs right now don't match up.
    I know with real money that nascar is running even higher levels of corn crap but the have billions at there disposal for said tech.

When they first tried this 20 or 30 years ago when most cars still ran with adjustable points they blew up motors faster than you could sneeze.
    Improper timming+ burnt through pistons due to over heating.
    If this crap is such a great idea I suggest they try to put it to good use with diesels in the off road capacity like tractors for food and industry and such instead of the polluting off road diesel they let farmers use now.

Anyhow if your bike is fuel injected I suggest you pull your injectors at least twice a year and let the jell out that builds up from temp. variables.
    Then thank jerks for taking food and turning into a more profitable substance.

I'm not saying it is not a good idea but the bugs have not been worked out yet.
    Our planet needs such good ideas but only when they work well and not for political gain at our expense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Deathcricket? is yours Fuel Injected?
    I forget what you got yourself this last year but I'm thinking a V-strom?
    Not sure, it's really fast so I imagine so. Yamaha Fz6r.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Air has been used in the mountainbiking suspension industry for several years. They work great and they are very light weight. My opinion is that the oil was for cooling purposes and a more progressive feel although a spring can duplicate the same progressiveness. As far as pushing technology, that christini bike with the allwheel design looks like it would be unstoppable on the technical trails.