Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KTM Talk

KTM Talk

You shouldn't need to de smog. The XCW comes setup for dirt from the factory. It's the EXC that would come street and need a de smog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And that right there is why this noob needs to know.

I'm so stoked I'm shaken in my boots and hope this one will be the last one for a very long time.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Re: KTM Talk

I rode a 12 xcw500 two weeks ago. It was a short stint and the bike was not set up for me, but I can tell you it's a sweetheart. Lots of power with a great suspension. You won't need anything for a long time! !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Good to hear cause this noob needs a long long long time before the next bike at least in this world
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I did save enough for a can of orange paint and a can of silver paint to fix my to toe clips on my boots and change from red to orange riding gear

Then I'll get a little number 4 decal and place it over the 5 and I'll never know the diff. trust me.

Re: KTM Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Good to hear cause this noob needs a long long long time before the next bike at least in this world
    Its the bike that won't leave you wanting. Lots of everything. FI is wonderful! It adapts to altitude and temperature so you don't have to do anything. HIGHLY SUGGEST Startron Fuel Additive. Also a tank filler screen sock. They're cheap insurance for keeping the fuel system clean.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I guess it's time to get educated to the life of Orange.
    First mod will most diffenantly be the Fast Flex set up.
    They are real wrist savers and I let my last set go with my YZ.

KTM Talk

This guy is much smoother.

KTM Talk

In my kids toy room...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352690446.601021.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  30.0 KB

Yup I need all this help like where you got tank socks and I am in big trouble till I get some real throttle control.
    I'm so used to just hitting it and spinning the crap out of the back wheel till I get the right speed. This worked well for both my last bikes.

This noob with the katoom has a really dumb question for those that might help my silly arse out.
    First oil change and I'm just about there when I read that I need a "pinch tool" for the third step or the second bolt towards the rear on the gear shifter side.
    So the questions is-Will this go twang on me or do I just loosen that bolt and finish my draining of the oil? I have not got to the oil filter yet but I thought this would be a good time to stop and ask those in the know.

The pinch tool is to take out the oil filter I believe. I use a pair of needle nosed pliers in reverse for that. I've never bought the correct tool...no need.

I needed nothing but just panicked and wanted to make sure I'm doing things right from the get go.
    Oil filter is a bit of a hosser to get out but duck nose pliers worked in reverse seem to to the job.I thought that my magnetic telescoping wing ding would do the job but that filter gets a wee bit of suck action going on.
    Next time I'll just start a grabber and pull her right out fast.

Yeah a grabber is what @double moo does I think. I put a little grease on the rubber end and that helps. The first couple oils changes take a little longer, but once you get it down its really quick.

About a month ago I managed to get myself into a 2012 500 XC-W.
    At first I wondered just what I had done to myself.
    But with some time and rechecking the overall suspension and finding some very simple flaws from the first owner that put only 95 miles or 5.8 hrs on her I feel as if I am getting her dialed into my sorry ass.
    He had the front set one click off top and no shit bottom exactly from side to side.
    And I wondered why I kept getting thrown to the left whenever I hit rocks.
    So I went back to the manual and set her up for sport. Dam if she is not real close now.

I love this bike and feel like she will last me a life time as I never really get her overly excited and she can do just that as well.
    One of the first things I did was to run the Fast Flexx bars and there is no looking back on that decision.

However one thing that has been haunting me is how fast this steering head moves. In the slow rocky stuff it is just to much so I'm looking into a stearing stabilizer (GPR) to help with that.
    I am hard pressed to use all the power that she has and exspect the motor to last forever.

Just my .02 cents worth on KTM's.

One big thing that I noticed with the Katoom and I will deal with it shortly is they run the throttle cables pretty shitty in my opinion and I am looking to get some new ones about 4inches longer and run them like the Jap bikes do.

I like mine over the front and routed right.....

This stock set up will wear out in no time at all from all that I can see.