Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KTM Talk

Re: KTM Talk

Pretty simple stuff. If you ride track, buy a track bike. If not, buy an enduro. There is no good reason to buy a short shifter for the desert or mountains. Crawl and do 90, or struggle in tech stuff and do 60. Just sayin.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks guys this helps me out a bunch.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Don't fight it. New dealer in Idaho Falls. Getting closer. Not that you'll need them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Quit that ! 2 of us already have KTM on our brains and 1 of us does multiple postings.

KTM Talk

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Quit that ! 2 of us already have KTM on our brains and 1 of us does multiple postings.

I wonder if the 2 stroke could be plated ?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

KTM Talk

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I wonder if the 2 stroke could be plated ?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep.

KTM Talk

TWO WHEEL DIRT BIKES

A. Two Wheel Dirt Bikes
    1. Two wheel dirt bikes may be inspected provided that they have been modified to be street legal. They shall be equipped with the following items, which shall comply with the regulations of the department (UCA 41-6a-1506).

a. One head lamp which, when factory equipped with an automatic lighting ignition system, shall not be disconnected.

b. One tail lamp.

c. Either a tail lamp or a separate lamp which shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate.

d. One red reflector on the rear, either as part of the tail lamp or separately.

e. One stop lamp.

f. A braking system, other than a parking brake, as provided in UCA 41-6a-1623.

g. A horn or warning device in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1625.

h. A muffler and emission control system in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1626.

i. A mirror in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1627.

j. Tires must be highway approved in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1636.

k. Non-metal gas tanks are acceptable.

l. Equipped with turn signals if manufactured after January 1, 1973 (49 CFR 571.108 and UCA 41-6a-1601).

I think but am not sure that you need a strong enough battery system to keep lights on for 20 minutes for emergency purposes.

I thought if your frame was stamped for off highway use only then you could not tag them. Most times it's just a sticker.

Is this just hog wash?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I thought if your frame was stamped for off highway use only then you could not tag them. Most times it's just a sticker.

Is this just hog wash?
    I beleive in Utah that if it passes safety inspection rules (as posted above by acca) that it can be licensed street legal. I know of a couple of CR500's made street legal using a rechargeable battery that lasts long enough for the inspection station to check the lights and horn.

My Husaberg is for off highway use from the factory. Yeah at most places they just ask you to turn the light on and that is with the engine running. My KTM 620 had a small battery and it would only power the light well at a little higher RPM. The blinkers barely worked at idle and the headlight was very dim.

This ain't Kalifornistan!

Thank goodness we in Utah are behind times a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Thank goodness we in Utah are behind times a little.
    Behind the times but ahead of the pack.

One down and one to go.
    I may have to get a small loan while I wait for the XR to sell but I am just right close to a KTM.
    If lady luck will just shine her behind for a day or two it will be a done deal.

Guess I'm taking a little ride Tuesday to see if it's the KTM that just might follow me home.
    Not as new as I was hoping for but that's how the lifestyles of the poor and unknown go.
    Wide six big bore with street kit. Should keep me happy on the trails and dez fast stuff.

OK team orange/Blue and Yellow.

I'm looking for you guru's that know how to unlock the ECU and just what mods I may be in need of to make a 12 500XC-W rock hard but manageable in the single track stuff.
    This FI stuff just is soooo confusing.
    Still need to learn how to de smog also.

If all works out right I'll be home Thursday with more questions.