Thread: Moab with Scouts around Thanksgiving???

Moab with Scouts around Thanksgiving???

We have always gone to Little Wild Horse or Goblin Valley in the fall but are looking for a Moab option for a change of scenery.

Can anyone make a great suggestion for 6 or so 12-14 yr old Scouts.

Looking for campsite with,
    Easy Access
    Backcountry location where kids can play night games and not keep the neighbors up
    Close to Negro Bill canyon as we would like to do Morning Glory Bridge
    Safe place, so no cliffs for kids to fall off of.

Send me a PM if you dont want to broadcast a a sweet spot, or just post here for the world to see.

TIA!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The problem with your criteria is that most of the Moab campsites have been designated in recent years. There aren't that many places where you can camp without being in some sort of official campsite. Maybe try the road west of Dewey Bridge or upper Onion Creek.

Otherwise, stay in an official campsite and make the scouts behave themselves after 10 pm.

You could also backpack up Negro Bill Canyon.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Thanks Scott, I have not camped there in 15 years and I dont remember much from those days......

Backpacking up the canyon actually sounds like a great idea that I did not even consider! Bad thing is we will get there in the dark Friday night and since I have never been there not sure I would be comfortable being the responsible party in a place I dont know well.

The backside of Arches (the original) entrance, is all BLM land where you can just plop a tent. The only thing you would have to worry about is other campers being jerks. This area is not the best looking... it kinda looks like the moon, but it provides a decent central location, there are no real cliffs or fall out areas and you can stay up as late as you want.