Thread: Cherry Creek

Cherry Creek

This is a GREAT area! I have ridden here several times and have yet to ride all the trails. I found some of the best today, thanks to @double moo I parked where he said and managed to find some awesome A+ desert single track. We did a 45 mile loop and there were still plenty of trails that we didn't ride. Had a couple buddies with XT 250's. They rode them amazing, but the bikes are obviously not that fast. We rode over to Cherry Creek Reservoir and back around the other side of Maple Peak.

Here are my SPOT tracks and some pictures. I'll have to start tracking with a GPS. The SPOT only drops a point every 15 minutes, but it'll give you an idea. Parked here: [FONT=arial][SIZE=2][URL="http://maps.google.com/maps?sugexp=chrome,mod%3D15&q=%2B39%C2%B0+54'+51.3 2%22,+-112%C2%B0+16'+0.61%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x874d3d0c126f21b1:0x1dbfb684f11ac65a, %2B39%C2%B0+54'+51.32%22,+-112%C2%B0+16'+0.61%22&gl=us&sa=X&ei=7XeDUPiiD6fDig KEvIHoAw&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA"][B]+39
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a good time.
    I'm sure them XT's rode just fine for single track.
    I'm sure they were smiling just as much as you while ridding.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

This is too cool cause I'm going to look you up for a ride this spring.
    I've sat here and wanted to do this one for some time so get to know this country well acca

They have a desert race out that way every year in early spring? I think and this would be a great year opener for some and I believe Fourtycal can help us with this one. In short I think he has done this race before. I'll bet Chet has too.

I hear BLM is getting tougher all the time. I know they check spark arrestors and stickers and proper paper work prior to the race.
    I think the Utah Sage Riders are involved in this one but then again it may rotate a little between clubs.

I think the EPA folks make you rigg a antifreeze bottle recovery system as well. But i'm not sure on that one.

Who cares? Play by the rules and let's race.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Cherry Creek

We did see ribbons on a few sections and I would guess that is part of the race course.