Thread: Waterproof Camera Tricks/Tips

Waterproof Camera Tricks/Tips

How do you all keep your lens clear? Looking for something easy/handy. Purpose of having the waterproof camera is that it is always ready and available no matter where you are.
    Name:  IMGP0151 copy.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  55.0 KB

Ready? Go!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I bring a little piece of a rubber spatula that is cut to fit the size of the lens.You can use it as a squegee to clean the water off your lens. (found that hint here on Bogley a while back!) I also carry the camera in a pelican case, which isnt actually waterproof, but helps keep water off the lens for the most part.

I know that arch!! How was Illusions?

Good Tip! Thanks

Illusions was awesome. Everything the hype indicated it would be except we were dissapointed with how easy it was. LOL. Is that bad to say? Everything we read talked about all these keeper holes (none since the water level was full) and the need for anchor building technique (all those spots are now bolted).

It was a relief to reach the confluence of the east fork and strip the wet suits off - that is one cold canyon. Brrrrr!!!

Illusions Tip: We saved the 1.5 mile hike from call of the canyon to bootlegger by using my mountain bike as a shuttle. I locked it to the power meter behind the bathrooms. The road is scarry with no shoulder, but it is all downhill so it doesn't take long.

I also keep my waterproof camera in a pelican case on some webbing slung on my shoulder... can't be too careful with them, and I like to keep the sand from wedging in the buttons. I have a small cloth to wipe off anything that gets on the lens, and I keep it on top of my head, underneath my helmet. Seriously. Figure that's the least likely place that will get wet. When I need it I just take off the helmet, grab the cloth, wipe the camera, toss the cloth back in and put the helmet back on. The combination of the two has always worked for me!

Rain x. Kind of tedious but your lens is less prone to fogging and water droplets practically jump off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Rain x. Kind of tedious but your lens is less prone to fogging and water droplets practically jump off.
    Agreed! Use Rain-X it works. This is an old trick from my scuba and kayaking days. To make it easier, buy rain-x sheets so you don't have to deal with bottles, etc.

Wade

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.