Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto Madness

Moto Madness

Another #1 for Jarvis.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cyril Despres hangs on to overall lead in Morocco Rally and goes into the final stage on Saturday with a small 5 minute 33 advantage. Fastest KTM rider in Stage 5 was Joan Pedrero at 4th

Name:  665585_10151147711645000_943635403_o.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  36.2 KB

Alessandro Botturi Rally del Marocco 18 ott 2012 sp.4^ by Bordone-Ferrari Racing Team
    http://www.soloenduro.it/notizia/201...C3%A7alves.htm
    — with Alessandro Botturi.

Name:  133625_461401513903145_124034368_o.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  63.7 KB

Dude I have my XR up for sale right? And my buddy is letting me show case it at his shop.
    Anyway this dude came by and is thinking of buying it for parts.
    Seems he is running an XR in the Dakar this year.
    I guess from what this tire kicker says is he's looking for a few parts bikes.

Hey you never know? Maybe some of my old bike might make it to the finish line of the Dakar.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I have know idea just how he thinks he can compete with bikes that are well know for 130 ish in the sand but hey if it gets him there and he can race I can care less what he does with it after the green is in my palm.

Darn tire kickers anyway.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Moto Madness

Pela Renet is E2 World Champion

K the Husa is cool but once upon a time I owned a wr 390 or maybe it was a cr anyways I love the pict of the old school Husky.
    Had it for about one month and could never ride it hard. It never wanted to keep the front wheel down and I weighed 135 wet.
    And forget speed shifting that beast.
    Scarred the bejesus out of me.
    That was the last time I road dirt until about 85 and it was just a 350 XL enduro and never seen much dirt and within a year it got stolen.

Flash foward to 2010 I picked up an XR650R back to the dirt and inside a year I bought Fourty's YZ last Christmas.
    They are both for sale at this time and I'm heading for a new or newer 450XC-W KTM.
    May be out of commision for a month or two and yes it will kill me UNTILL .

If I could figure out how to come with another 3-4K I'd be ridding a Husa also but atlas it is what it is.

I'm running out of stocks and I just don't know if I dare.
    Seems uncle sam thinks he's intitled to one third before capital gains.

I like to give him two thirds of something special if you get my drift.

The KTM is a nice bike. Nothing wrong with that. The Husa's are for snobs.

No way they are for those that love to ride bad enough.

I think it's time to drink the orange kool-aid for me.

The thing is I love how this YZ stands on command to get you through the mud puddles and such. It's a race bike thing I guess.
    I'm hoping I can get the best of both worlds with the 450 KTM. Good lugg and trail response but still have enough getty up for the all out throttle fun.
    This YZ has this great thing going on when you get it right. Like coming out of a burm in third and on one wheel. Dang I love that stuff. I does not happen every time but when it does it is the greatest feeling in the world. Snappy!!!!!! BRRRRAAAAPehaw.

We won't count the times when it gets away from ya LOL.

Moto Madness

I think the xcw is a near perfect bike and will be the best of both worlds.

I hope so and I hope to find out sooner than later Yee friggin Haw.
    Besides I have to get out and find the good stuff now that the weather is cooling off.

I know it won't be long and I have to get you Northern boys on the good stuff this winter.

I have found two great rides that I know you'll love weather pending. NARRLLY little buggers they are.

I just hope nobody is scarred of hieghts LMAO.

On a technical scale of 1-10 they are about and 7-8 ish but on a mental state scale the first time they are maybe a 15
    The one has a few 5' jump offs with one that has a real fast 180degree turn right after and the rest is just heart pounding stuff.

They other one has some life threatening drops if you screw up but is easy to just roll through if you don't panic with some great speed sections and some interesting rock and sand climbs.
    Both will test your breaks big time and there are areas I use for breaks because of this just to cool things down a little.

Name:  A man in his prime that started al this crazyness.png
Views: 571
Size:  606.7 KB

The man in his prime that started all this crazzyness.
    On any Sunday.

If this is M.S .He still has s small shop in southern CALI. A bit greyer but still rides at like 78.

Oh and he sales all kind of bike including Huskies.:) But maybe not Bultacos.

Gotta love them drum breaks of yester year.

For anyone that can't appreciate drum breaks right after a creek crossing LMAO

Yep he's still there in Riverside ,Cali.
    Malcom Smith motorsports

Moto Madness

Lotta snow flying up north...might be the end of the high country stuff.

Dam circle jerks: