Thread: Bear Lake/Highline, Etc - 10/20/12

Bear Lake/Highline, Etc - 10/20/12

I should be in Fish Haven with my family on the 20th. Would anybody be interested in putting a ride together? Here is the map we use. I know there have been plenty of bogley dudes riding the area lately. We'll have to keep an eye on the weather, but it could be nice and cool with the leaves falling = epic. Shhhhh, cause this is some of the best riding that you will find anywhere.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5375290.pdf

A recent ride in the area: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...id=Trip_Report

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Uh yeah. NO!! I'll be deer hunting. Not cool.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Then we need to make sure we have a few orange bikes.

Re: Bear Lake/Highline, Etc - 10/20/12

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Then we need to make sure we have a few orange bikes.
    You're safe. I'll be in LaSal. You're probably going to pass off alot of rifle hunters. Oh well!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I'll be passing someone for sure.

Hunting the Blue mountains that weekend .

Re: Bear Lake/Highline, Etc - 10/20/12

Well, if I wasn't so slow i'd say I'm in, but don't want everyone waiting on me. I'd never be in front for anyone to pass me.

That's me, I'm always slipping into the rear guard by force of habit if nothing else.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Not many takers yet. All the boys are out killing bambi.

I think it's more of a ski/track for the motorbike thing
    But ya I think you're right.
    Forget bambi and archery the big bull earlier in the season More meat and much better tasting.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I think it's more of a ski/track for the motorbike thing
    But ya I think you're right.
    Forget bambi and archery the big bull earlier in the season More meat and much better tasting.
    If it wasn't Awesome tasting Venison I was after it would be something else It's hunting season!
    I am Missing the hunts including General Bull elk this weekend to ride Whitewash but the deer hunt is a lifelong tradition

How was white I mean Rain Wash?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    How was white I mean Rain Wash?
    I drove down Friday in a tropical storm. The first wash crossing on the Ruby ranch road was flashing, after a half hour of contemplation I finally got the guts to drive through it (water came over my hood). When I arrived at "rain wash" the weather had settled and I had dry firewood, The wash was a little mucky but otherwise the conditions could not have been better. No dust and perfect temps for riding Saturday and Sunday!

No wonder I could not find you.
    Guess I needed to head further south.
    I did find a trail down to the Green River, Hit the dunes, And the wash was great for high speed play.
    I camped at the first turn off were the roads goes down to the wash and dunes.
    About mile 12 from I-70.
    Friday afternoon was tough with 50 or maybe 70 mph winds and hail. It took out my canopy.

Who wants to ride next Saturday? It doesn't need to be Bear Lake, but I need a fix. I'll be prepping my bike tonight.

Hmm I'll prob be washing mine for the next few days
    I did get myself a set of fasst flexx bars I need to install and can't wait to try them out.
    Should help with my wrists I'm hoping.
    If I'm riding some soft stuff I'm good for a 1/2 day of hard riding but the minute I get onto the hard imbedded rocks I hurt like right now.
    Sucks getting old and arthritic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    No wonder I could not find you.
    Wow I wish I had known you were headed down! We were the last camp before Ruby ranch. I had cell service too. It would have been great to have you there. The camp fire was epic! The 2:30AM ride in the wash was likely not the best idea but it will make for great campfire stories on future outings! Sorry we missed each other

I thought that might be you I could see the fire for miles and I know I heard a lot of gun shots

But maybe it was a good thing if you had water up to your hood crossing over.
    If I tried I might have lost it all in my little pos truck loaded down for tent camping and all LOL.

Just because they throw an off road 4x4 factory sticker on the sides of the bed by the tail gate doesn't make them 4x4's LMAO.
    And truth be told I'm still on my stock from factory tires on this little 04 and it passed inspection in September.
    But they are due for an upgrade of sorts.

It gets my bike and me most places and still has less than 44k as of this writing.

Sorry acca I got carried away as usual and have not forgotten what this post is about.

Did you hit the same stuff this weekend and if so how was the snow in the high country?