Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobble Creek Diamond Fork

Hobble Creek Diamond Fork

Anyone got a map for riding this area?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Let me know when you find it. I hear you can ride over to AF cyn.
    from there and that sounds like a ride to me.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Maybe try asking the good folks over at motoutah forum?

I met some out by Niels or what ever it is called and they not only showed me what's up for the area they let me ride with them when I could not put anything together one time I when I was up north. NICE guys and they are about riding.

I'm sure if you just ask you'll get some takers and bet they would be more than happy to ride and show you the trails.

I met two brothers and one was a track rider and the other a desert rider. Nice guys.
    I do forget their names.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

We rode this area today. Have to admit it has some of the best single track in the state. If you have not been you better getter done. Awesome ride. I have attached a map that one of our buddies put together years ago. We shot out the top and over to Strawberry Marina for lunch. 110 miles, one dead motorcycle that we had to tow out, no deaths other then the bike so all in all it was a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    We rode this area today. Have to admit it has some of the best single track in the state. If you have not been you better getter done. Awesome ride. I have attached a map that one of our buddies put together years ago. We shot out the top and over to Strawberry Marina for lunch. 110 miles, one dead motorcycle that we had to tow out, no deaths other then the bike so all in all it was a great day.
    How long did it take? Can you get gas at strawberry? How technical are the trails? I'm planning a ride for some dudes on Saturday.

Here is a map. If you got a sec, tell what trails to take and avoid. I am comparing your map with this one. http://prdp2fs.ess.usda.gov/Internet...rdb5329408.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    How long did it take? Can you get gas at strawberry? How technical are the trails? I'm planning a ride for some dudes on Saturday.

Here is a map. If you got a sec, tell what trails to take and avoid. I am comparing your map with this one. http://prdp2fs.ess.usda.gov/Internet...rdb5329408.pdf
    Start at Kirkham hollow 12 this then connects onto 13 at this point you will be riding along a fence stay on 13 until you come to a distinct intersection 13 goes left or right here but you want to go left here. there is not a marker. It doesnt show the left turn on the map.The right hand side is where you will come back. If you go the wrong way you will come to a real ugly uphill section thru the pine trees. Turn around and go the other way. when you go left you will put you on the main road around where you see the 075 in the box. At this point ride the main road to 132. Take 132 to 09 There is a small parking lot on the left side of the road and 09 shoots off on the right. Follow 09 till you hit the next dirt road. If you want to go to Strawberry follow this road to 652. Follow this down to Strawberry. You then can ride over to the marina and get food and gas. Ride back up 652 and go right to 14 which then drops you back on 09. If you do not go to Strawberry which is what we did thursday get back on 09 at the west portal and ride 09 all the way to 18. When you get to west portal ride down the small dirt road to the tunnel that is dumping water from Strawberry into Diamond Fork. It is cool don't miss it. When you hit 18 follow it down to the paved road. Rays Valley Road. Cross this road and continue down 18 to Diamond Fork road. You pop out in the parking lot where you hike up to the hot pots. Turn right and ride up to Sawmill hollow 13 ride this up (awesome trail) when you hit the small dirt road follow over to mollies nipple and get back on 13 this will take you back to the intersection where you wentleft at the start go left and ride back down to your truck. 100 miles if you go to Strawberry. 70 if you just ride the loop. Technical single track the whole time. It is a blast. We have done it both ways. Going to Strawberry adds about an hour to 2. I made the 70 on my WR without running out but several of them hauled fuel and needed it.
    If you are confused call me
    801-726-2387

70 mile loop takes about 5 to 6 hours Strawberry takes all day.

If you look at my topo map you see the loop at the first. Do not make that loop, you can see a red line going off to the right. That is close to where the trail takes you back over to the main road. You can go to mollies nipple and down sawmill and then over to 132 but you will ride that section on the way back.

Awesome thanks Mark. I'm going to study this more tomorrow and I'll give ya a call if I have questions,

Here is a hand drawn topo with trail numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Here is a hand drawn topo with trail numbers.
    Thanks a bunch dood. So is this the 70 mile loop? It didn't look like it goes quite to Strawberry.

Oh I see. You take the 14 over to the 652.

Yes 70 mile loop

Couple years back we started out in Provo Canyon up on Squaw Peak road. Somehow we ended up in Diamond Fork and took various single track until we ended up on Strawberry ridge. Knowing we didn't have enough fuel to return, we made it to the marina and refueled. Instead of back tracking, we got gutsy and took 40 all the way to Heber and then 189 down Provo Canyon and back to the truck on Squaw Peak. Two of us were on WR450's without street legal gear, and the other was on a CRF450r. Was funny at the time watching cars pass a bunch of MXers on the highway, but looking back Im glad we didn't have a run in with the Po-Po.

See, I knew you could get to AF singles somehow.
    Just don't ask me how.

It's even funnier when your on a day light ending side of things and the looks you get when you pass the cagers on the highway on a mx'r.

I know you all have do this at least once. LMAO

My dad is worried about deer hunters in the hobble creek area? They'd be in AF too, but maybe not as many? The only real option to avoid them is head to the desert, but that's what I ride in the winter.

I just figured riding with a few orange bikes in the pack would work just fine.

Yup I'm not sure I'd want to make anyone with a beer in one hand and a rifle in the other mad.
    Orange or not.

Wonder how much hunting is going on out at Cherry Creek closer to the Dunes?

As for me I'm heading to Warner to see how my Fasst Flexx bars treat me in the whoopies and yahooosies.
    Not even a cactus button buck dares to roam out there.

Did you go to Hobble Creek?

We were going to go tomorrow, but there will be WAY too many deer hunters in that area. We are headed out to cherry creek bright and early.

Thanks for the help though. I now have my next ride queued up. I'd like to hit it before the snow flies.