Thread: I wish I'd have started early

I wish I'd have started early

Every now and then you run into a friend that truly knows their stuff.

Today I found myself working both bikes in a mad dash to get one or the other ride ready for the morn.

The YZ had some front break issues and the XR had some if you turn to the right it would stall issues.
    And a foot peg that needed to be tapped and repaired (I did this before he showed up and it was strait forward with the right tools).
    My friend Butch dropped by and with some serious attitude and proper skills had my ass strait up ready to roll on both bikes in 45 minutes.

I could not believe how simple it was and I was making it so much harder than just the old settle down and start at the first thing and address it.

I was having problems with break line leakage on the yz and throttle problems on the xr. After the foot peg stuff.

The rook that I am he showed me how to solve things simply cause I had not started right.

The YZ seems I just did not follow the torque right and who does when it's a allen head. Miss read for 14 pounds vs the 22 needed. (crush washers)

The xr was a simple sand the crap off the throttle side of the handle bars before you put the throttle tube on.
    Here it is in a nut shell_ When you buy new handle bars take the time to sand off all the paint under the throttle tube first.

I could not believe the simple steps I had missed due to being such a rook.

Life is good and I saved hundreds of dollars in stupid trial and error stuff.

I had never seen this and had no idea how to and I thank my friend from the bottom of my heart and hope to roost his ass first thing in the morn.

Long story short is I wish I had grown up with bikes and working on them.
    It would have helped a ton.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That old XR has never been so snappy and responsive and when you get off the throttle it is like a new set of breaks I never knew I had.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

4. Likes accadacca liked this post