Thread: Paria/Buckskin - current conditions? TIA.

Paria/Buckskin - current conditions? TIA.

Headed here w/ long-sought permit in a week-plus, and am hoping that someone has been through lately with a good report (nothing too unexpected, like dragons, or waist-deep mud-wading for 10 miles). Any help? :) Thank you very much. Stay safe, be smart, and have fun. I appreciate your time in replying, either publically or by PM.
    Cheers.
    ~kelly
    "What's the weather gonna do?" is a question asked by ninnies. The answer is obvious; it'll do whatever it damn well pleases, whenever it damn well pleases. It doesn't care if you're tired or 20 miles from the nearest shelter or only wearing a T-shirt. It has better things to do. Storms to brew, winds to whirl, that sort of thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tradkelly View Post
    Headed here w/ long-sought permit in a week-plus, and am hoping that someone has been through lately with a good report (nothing too unexpected, like dragons, or waist-deep mud-wading for 10 miles). Any help? :) Thank you very much. Stay safe, be smart, and have fun. I appreciate your time in replying, either publically or by PM.
    Cheers.
    ~kelly
    It rained pretty hard down in the Zion/Kanab area on September 23rd. Yeah, that is a little dated, but the water from that storm is probably still sitting in there. I don't know about dragons or any other major obstacles, but I'd bet the farm there will be several thigh/waist deep wades.

A while back we did the canyon the day after it flashed. It was the hardest day of hiking I've ever experienced. Mucho, mucho mud; the type that yanks your boots off. I'll wait until it is bone dry before trying Buckskin again...
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Thank you very much, SM. I'm fully expecting wet and pools; I'll see what the weather brings in the next week and see if I can't think up a boot retention system (under-gaiters?). Would love to hear other experiences if anyone is bold in the next week! Cheers.
    ~kelly
    "What's the weather gonna do?" is a question asked by ninnies. The answer is obvious; it'll do whatever it damn well pleases, whenever it damn well pleases. It doesn't care if you're tired or 20 miles from the nearest shelter or only wearing a T-shirt. It has better things to do. Storms to brew, winds to whirl, that sort of thing.