Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KTM 300 I think I want one.

KTM 300 I think I want one.

Back on topic...sorta. Here are some tank options for the KTM 300: http://justgastanks.com/index.php?cPath=4_78_91_93

I would want a headlight too and I'm not sure if it comes with one in the US?

Six Days...slobber.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The six days does...

Not sure about the headlight in the US, but you could order one. 225 lbs!!!! WOW!

I have been visiting dealerships today. XC or XCW? Several guys I know went with the XC and geared it down to match the lower first of the W. XC suspension is a bit stiffer. Have other buddies that have XCW's. So which one?

Mtnseeker the 13 is carbed. No fuel injection.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349413425.001544.jpg
Views: 3043
Size:  27.5 KB

Wow, my first pic upload... :). Good question on the xc vs the xcw. This one is an xc and for tight lugging I love it. It's gotten hot on me once (on the high line trail) no problem doing the TOI.
    I've had a 250 exc and a 200 exc... The xc does struggle a bit maintaining long sustained faster speeds (IMO)

Nice to see someone drinking the smokin pumpkin juice :)

Re: KTM 300 I think I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I have been visiting dealerships today. XC or XCW? Several guys I know went with the XC and geared it down to match the lower first of the W. XC suspension is a bit stiffer. Have other buddies that have XCW's. So which one?
    For the riding we do, I would say the xcw. That wider ratio allows for the granny gear all the way up to a highway gear. That's just my opinion. For what it's worth. Either way, I hope to see you on it soon!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

XCW

I think xcw would be sweet. I have been thinking of getting a newer one with an electric start (mines an 06). I've put a LOT of work into it though. Made it street legal, full oem wire harness, I have 3 tanks for it. 2 seats. The nice trail tech x2 headlight (which rocks). And some other things.
    I am sure a bigger clutch cover would help with the overheating.

I know I read somewhere that KTM was doing this and it seemed to me for some reason it was this 300 then I ran into this.Name:  KTM t stroke fuel injedted..png
Views: 3251
Size:  118.9 KB

I most likely read it of some goof ball forum some place that seemed to think it was on the 2013 300 2-T.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Buy the 300xcw. We will all love to see it! And maybe test ride it? Just a little.. please

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Ya I can remember a group we sent out with gas to save your ass in Mesq. once.
    And I am forever grateful. I still won't put a giant tank on my bike. They ruin any sort of inherent handling and power. Pushing 100hrs on my bike and never a fuel range issue since.
    It just requires planning. Now if I had the money to get an XR 600 like yours, I would use it for a long hauler. I just can't do that to the Husa scalpel. It would be blasphemy.

When I put my big tank on my WR it is very noticeable.

Garbanzo, Remember Mike the guy who was riding the vintage iron at Bear Lake? He bought a 12 last week. So far he loves it. Him and Blair are having Recluses and left hand brakes put on tomorrow.

When I find the right deal I am going to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Garbanzo, Remember Mike the guy who was riding the vintage iron at Bear Lake? He bought a 12 last week. So far he loves it. Him and Blair are having Recluses and left hand brakes put on tomorrow.
    What? He replaced the DR350? Talk about blasphemy! Jk. That's great news. Love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    And I am forever grateful. I still won't put a giant tank on my bike. They ruin any sort of inherent handling and power. Pushing 100hrs on my bike and never a fuel range issue since.
    It just requires planning. Now if I had the money to get an XR 600 like yours, I would use it for a long hauler. I just can't do that to the Husa scalpel. It would be blasphemy.
    It was even worse for those stuck behind to keep company with that douche bag....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    It was even worse for those stuck behind to keep company with that douche bag....
    Keep it up and I'll be forced to share our secret.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2013 ktm 300xcw

2013 ktm 300 xc review

300 xc w review

ktm 300 xc review

cover set. ktm 300 2014

ktm 300 xc w six days videos

ktm 300 xc 2014 review

ktm 300 xcw

husaberg desert tank

2013 ktm 300 xc w photos

2015 ktm 300 xcw horsepower