Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KTM 300 I think I want one.

Ya I can remember a group we sent out with gas to save your ass in Mesq. once.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KTM 300 I think I want one.

KTM makes bigger tanks for these two smokers. Lots of aftermarket options too.

Yeh your dad has a tank that puts mine to shame.

Oh I may dish on the two strokies but they are a big hit in places.

One thing for sure is you just can't beat their weight and explosive power.
    And now days they don't have to be wound up like a friggin freight train to get the job done. A lot more workable power to them.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

In all honesty I'm not sure how I feel about fuel injected two stokes.
    If your of good understanding of how injectors work as a base line it goes like this.
    360 fan under high pressure to go from atom size to ? the point of entry.

Now with all the contamination that can and will happen with mixing fuel they must have a closed oil and fuel circut to accomplish this right?
    In other words the guy that mixes his own fuel will never keep it clean enough for injectors.

I guess what I don't understand and I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

Is why does KTM have tons of options for fuel tanks (desert style ) but Husa seems to me anyways be struggling with this. I know they have them but my hell they are just not the same as KTM in any fashion. Is this just the design for short racing?

It's not that I'm trying to knock the bike but from what I have seen and the little knowledge that I have I am a bit lost to this.
    Seems like the marketing fell short a bit to me. If they they are the all around go to bike that I'm hearing of.

I can only guess that it is a FI thing.

Did you say something about needing fuel on a Husa? I call this the super tanker.

http://justgastanks.com/index.php?cPath=4_203

Well hell it's about time, Last time I talked to you they were trying to stuff it under the seat and stuff.
    Something about subframe stuffits.

Hmm the rear is about what I thought it would look like but I like what I see up front.
    OR is that the rear
    JK looks good up front the rear I'm not so sure of just yet.

I'm thinking tisi has to be PHOTO SHOP right?
    If you cut the pict and reverse it some what it is still a polished turd LMAO

So with your photo shop skills maybe you can help the cause and send some photos to them ansd it is bound to help.

However I would not show the ass view if I were you.

Yep this one is bound to piss them off

Name:  SEXY ass VIEw.png
Views: 714
Size:  213.8 KB

Yeah it's all here: http://justgastanks.com/index.php?cPath=4_203

Mark and I are still hopeful that we'll get those fancy subframe tanks.

http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/parts...tank_review/#x

Hell look on the bright side if your not ****ing with me and the rear tanks are empty, all rivers are a go cause if worse comes to worse you can always float across.

Are you serious? This is a photoshop thing right?

So can't you just do the over the front but slightly bigger style tank? Or does this offset to much?

Ok now I knew you had a better planName:  Much safer and more practicle tank.png
Views: 689
Size:  170.2 KB

This is a much better design as far as I'm concerned

Helps with the weight balance and trail comfort thing.

All those tanks are really available, but yeah that subframe design is best.

The thing is acca my brp with the stock 2.53 gln tank can get me 90 one day and 45 the next pending on what I'm doing. But the 90 is a big push for sure.
    If I am 5th gear and not rasing hell I can get agout 55 maybe 65 out of her.
    If Im just trail riding super mellow and seeing some country I can get 85 ish maybe 90.
    But If I'm running and gunning hard core I can run out of 2.53 glns inside 50 mles easy. And have eaten it up in 45 miles before. IN THE SAND.

Thus this brings me to the super tanker 6.3 gln tank that you have seen on her. THe big bore bikes can really suck it up if your on the throttle and you know this with your 525.

Now I don't know for sure but my YZ with a 3.1 should be good for about 120 miles and my 6.3? Well ?,Does it really matter?

Anyhow I really did not mean to steel the steam from the 2 stroke world but I am hoping to get together a real dirt ride way over into NV. Sometime for the Bogely folks somehow, Some way,Some day.

But I worry about fuel on these pretty bikes mades for trails. :)

PS I'm fond on the Beta bikes myself.

Holly molly I just was sure you where messing with me. DaKar I'm guessing on those um well a hmmm tanks for the rear???????????
    Can you imagine running them empty on a kick but trail only to come across a mad river and then get floated away like a chunk of ice in the spring?
    So sorry I thaught for sure it was a photo shop gagg just turned around Forgive me for my, Well? ME.

Dude I was thinking there is no way that this could be real. I just knew that the pict was turned around and chopped big time. LOL
    Just goes to show you never know.

Some engineers rocks and some are just gay.LMAO

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2013 ktm 300xcw

2013 ktm 300 xc review

300 xc w review

ktm 300 xc review

cover set. ktm 300 2014

ktm 300 xc w six days videos

ktm 300 xc 2014 review

ktm 300 xcw

husaberg desert tank

2013 ktm 300 xc w photos