Thread: 2013 R 1200 GS

2013 R 1200 GS

Full article and specs here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-moto...3-bmw-r1200gs/

Check out the video below.

Name:  2013-bmw-r1200gs-right-front.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  2013-bmw-r1200gs-left-front.jpg
Views: 5532
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  2013-bmw-r1200gs-front-rear-views.jpg
Views: 11020
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  2013-bmw-r1200gs-engine-cooling-system.jpg
Views: 2685
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  2013-bmw-r1200gs-engine.jpg
Views: 4780
Size:  66.5 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As nice as it is I'd sure hate to trouble shoot anything out on the road or dirt.
    Do they lease them?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    As nice as it is I'd sure hate to trouble shoot anything out on the road or dirt.
    Do they lease them?
    True, its no different then any modern day BMW.

Yep. They are nice but awfully complicated. I'd love one but I wouldn't feel comfortable fixing anything on it. Which makes me nervous. We came across a guy out in the Mojave. We were about 100 miles from any civilization in the middle of nowhere and here was this GS in a sandy wash. He'd put it down and done something to the rear drive system (I guess they have a funky drive system). When we got to Baker we used a cell phone to give the gps points to his buddy and what was going on out there. We offered to go back to our jeep and come get him but he said to just call this guy.

Now on my DR650 I feel like there's not very much that can truly strand me in the middle of nowhere unless its catastrophic. But a GS would sure be fun.

Whats the rocker/roller thing on the clutch side handle bar?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Whats the rocker/roller thing on the clutch side handle bar?
    I was wondering that too. I bet its a dial that controls the compter system.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I was wondering that too. I bet its a dial that controls the compter system.
    That's what I was thinking and that makes sense for the side to side but what would the rolling be for? Maybe heated grips or seat? I know these GS guys are softies....

The adjustable windscreen is genius. Now that I've been riding my DR to work more often (15 miles each way) i've begun to want a screen to ease the load on the body.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Way to starbucks for this guy.
    Hell I bet that bike costs $300 just for a look at the appointment book for service.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

You know that it was said once that I never stole a horse from somebody I didn't like (BILLY THE KID) so hurry up Scott I got a horse to steal

It's pretty hard to beat a Beemer but Yamaha is closing the gap somewhat with their super T.
    And The Triple is getting in there as well.

And KLR and what ever that Suzuki DR is like forget it baby..
    Actually Suzuki does have one that is pretty nice but they never figured out just were to put their exhaust.

But I have a great idea.LOL

2013 R 1200 GS

You mentioned KLR in this thread???

That's a sin in Beemer country.

2013 R 1200 GS

Honestly it might be a few years before they have the bugs worked out. The first few years of any new model can be risky.

I may have to roll a 2012 for a few years. Which color?

Oh that's easy---I"M BACK IN BLACK
    Has acdc all over it man.

Yeup easy to clean or make look clean and it has some great lines to me.

That white one looks like something I'd put my mistress on.

WIth tan and in a white bikini.
    With big enough mameries to fill the slots in the windscreen.
    And this funky Mark just gave me white lips look. LMAO

The white one is nice if they shit canned the tank colors and made the frame the same as the tank front and head covers.
    Maybe that shitty little front fender same color as well. And a white rear seat. That needs to come off for a real rack of some sort.

I still like the yellow and black ones best myself from later times.
    I think they stopped that and used it for the 800s right?

Yep I like the black one myself, It's like in conffusion and the Hardly riders will think it is one of them other black ones till you throttle up. (POOR SAPS)
    SEE YA in a whisper.

2013 R 1200 GS