Thread: Val Bodengo ~ Canyoning in Italy!

Val Bodengo ~ Canyoning in Italy!

Val Bodengo!

I have no idea what it means, but I do know that it was one of the FUNNEST canyons I have ever done. I hiked this canyon while I was in Italy for a work assignment. I hooked up with a guide and joined with another group. The group I was with did not speak any English. The guide spoke well enough. It was a good time!

Val Bodengo is a "easy" canyon. This is the canyon that the guides use to let those new to the sport get a little taste of how cool it is! I was aching for a more technical canyon to do while I was in Italy, HOWEVER, this one proved to be AMAZING! I can hardly imagine how much better they can get, for this "little" "beginner" canyon was so much fun and SO VERY BEAUTIFUL! THere is really nothing like canyoning in cold, crisp, and clear, aqua greenish blueish alpine water. And to add to the excitement, the little route was full of slides, jumps, chutes, waterfalls, zip-lines, and much swimming! I literally was in Heaven!

I will let the pictures do much of the explaining! I just feel so blessed to have expirencd a canyon like this in my lifetime. I hope to be able to go back one day to northern Italy to do some more of this! :D I just loved it so much!

That has gotta be some of the best river water in the world!

Some fluffy rappels, but they were fun enough :D

Lots of jumping and swimming. Acutally that is pretty much all we did in this canyon. Most of the rappels were not needed, You would rappel, and then climb back up and jump into what you just rappeled into

Now that is a fun waterslide!

Dropping into a chute! talk about a rush!

Waterfall pool. There is also a zip-line hanging over this pool. It was a blast to ride!

JUMP!

You can see the zip line in the top right corner of this pictuer. Just clip in and go!

Me and my Italian group. The only one who spoke english was the guide!

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Awesome -

but let's give a call-out to our friend Pascal and his company TopCanyon:

http://www.topcanyon.com/TopCanyon/Benvenuto.html

Tom

ADDED:

and here he is in Zion:

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave/...ear/index2.htm

T

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Yup! that is the guy I worked with! It was easy to work with him and im convinced there isn't a more beautiful place in this world! (As of right now that is ;)
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Absolutely stunning! Thanks.

8. Likes Kuya liked this post
    <object width="1280" height="720"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/3704021263...</param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/370402126362632" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="1280" height="720"></embed></object>

Not sure how to embed FB videos, but, the links kinda work.

Anyhoo, great! Bunch of us did Bodengo back in early August as part of the AIC get together there. I'm assuming you just did Bodengo I? I, II and III all together probably wouldn't be considered "easy"...! III is the hard one, rumor has (I just did I and II).

Prop's to Pascal!

yeah. I only did Bodengo I. I wanted SO BAD to do some of the others, but as a party of ONE I was limited to joining other groups and doing what they were doing. Oh well. I was not disappointed. It was all so beautiful!
    My YouTube Channel

Awesome
    - Gavin

13. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post

Anyhoo, great! Bunch of us did Bodengo back in early August as part of the AIC get together there.

Yeah, I did the canyon middle of June. I tried to get a few more canyons in on the weekends I was there, but we got rained out one weekend, and the other weekends they wanted me to come on Sundays which didn't work out for me. oh well. I look forward to the day I can go back to the Italian Alps!
    My YouTube Channel

Pascal!

Name:  Bares 8-11-12_0270.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  187.4 KB

Jane, Evan, Pascal and Steve at a pub in Delebio during the AIC gig.

Awesome report! The canyoneering is the main reason why I want to go to Europe.
    --Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Yup! that is the guy I worked with! It was easy to work with him and im convinced there isn't a more beautiful place in this world! (As of right now that is ;)
    Bodengo I, II and III are spectacular. Glad you got a chance to see this gem.

18. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Great trip report, looks awesome!
    Makes me curious to European canyoning, some new starting points for gathering beta!
    Thanks!

My wife, Laura, buddy Eric and myself spent 12- days canyoning in northern Italy and Ticino in southern Switzerland. We started with a descent down Val Bodengo II & III with Pascal. Both the canyon and Pascal were incredible. We had a blast and learned a ton after going out on our own in Ticino. Below are links to a video of the entire trip and TR and photos specifically from Val Bodengo. More to TR and photos from Ticino coming soon. I am not allowed to post direct links so you will have to copy and paste the link.

canyoneering.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/an-adventure-of-the-ages/
    canyoneering.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/val-bodengo-ii-iii/

21. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw2925 View Post
    My wife, Laura, buddy Eric and myself spent 12- days canyoning in northern Italy and Ticino in southern Switzerland.
    SO JEALOUS!!
    My YouTube Channel