Thread: anyone up for helping someone get into this sport?

anyone up for helping someone get into this sport?

Hey i really am wanting to get into this sport but have been looking all summer on how to get into it with no success, could anyone help? i live in the utah county area. i would love to go on the trip planned for the 19th-21st.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I will send you a PM. Last time I offered to help a noob it turned nasty. Check your PM's
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

There are a lot of people willing to take Newbs out. Tell us about yourself. How old are you? What kind of shape are you in? What kind of general outdoor experience do you have? What kind of rope experience? Do you have any gear?
    Penny

Well to tell you about myself sorry I don't really know how to use this website yet. I'm 22 years old, I have a lot of out door hunting and hiking experience mostly in the wasatch range, I have a little gear I have ventured into rock climbing a little bit. I have a harness, belay devise, some beiners, a rope, and can purchase the other gear I need when I know what I need. I have minimal rope experience I have been rappelling several times with acquaintances, I know how to tie both figure 8 knots and a clove hitch. My fitness level is decent I run 3-5 miles every morning, and work out regularly... Definitely not a muscle man but don't have a problem doing hard things. I work in the construction industry, I build and remodel homes. Hope that gives you a little about me.

Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    There are a lot of people willing to take Newbs out. Tell us about yourself. How old are you? What kind of shape are you in? What kind of general outdoor experience do you have? What kind of rope experience? Do you have any gear?
    Penny

6. Likes summitseeker liked this post