Thread: A Hall's Creek Thank You

A Hall's Creek Thank You

[I][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Now and again an adventure so fascinating, so intense comes along to awaken a person to the knowledge that it would be impossible without the help and support of many people. Last week

2. Likes Kuya, ilipichicuma, blueeyes, MrAdam liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Congratulations Penny!

How much water was in the pit? How many pot shots did you have to land? Who bat-manned out? Did you ghost it, shallow jumps and down climbs? How did you deal with the Matrix keeper down lower? What about the pot-hole with the wart rappell, did you use it or go through? Details Penny, Details, and pictures. Come on I haven't been back in like 2 years I want you to paint a picture, so I can feel like I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    How much water was in the pit? How many pot shots did you have to land? Who bat-manned out? Did you ghost it, shallow jumps and down climbs? How did you deal with the Matrix keeper down lower? What about the pot-hole with the wart rappell, did you use it or go through? Details Penny, Details, and pictures. Come on I haven't been back in like 2 years I want you to paint a picture, so I can feel like I'm there.
    Oh, your questions bring chills! Almost no water in the Pit (ankle deep), We rapped off the wart. The Matrix keeper, the one you ran up in Dan's video? If so just a partner assist.

a pic from down canyon of the Pit...Name:  P1030877.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  93.2 KB

BTW... the rumors of having to have a good team for Cricket are extremely under exaggerated. Not one of us had all it took, not even close. Thanks to Penny to finding someone for each position of the perfect team! It was a great yet very humbling experience!

-Matthew (the first Apostle)

7. Likes summitseeker liked this post
    Rob:
    Thanks it was really quite thrilling.
    I estimate I lost about 15% of my skin in Happy Dog. Nothing in paticular happened. It is just a whole lot of stemming. It was really hot (mid 90s, maybe) and I was wearing shorts and tee shirt. I had my keeps, but there was still a lot of skin lost.
    I was quite dehydrated and my kidneys shut down for a couple days. Now that I can pee again and my skin has quit sticking to the sheets at night, my perspective is changing a bit.
    It would be great to catch up with you in a canyon and give you the whole story. I'll trade for more on Psycho.

Matt:
    I don't remember any water in The Pit. Your pic just shows mud. Perhaps you only imagined walking on water.

Spidey:
    I hadn't really intended this as a TR, but for you I will put something together. Of course, if I don't maybe I can talk you into going again.
    I think Matt answered most of your questions.
    John was astonishingly good at tossing pots. I think he landed most of them he threw except for a couple that got hung up in the rope. He was tossing 60-65 feet. ( I know how you like competition, I think he can beat you. Just egging you on.)
    Adam bat-manned up and out on 4 cords. He is 30 and a climber. I think that makes him invincible. He was also our jumper. He did a couple shallow jumps.
    Luke did a free DC right after the arch. Watching that, I thought I was going to throwup. The rest of the team did a pyramid to capture him.
    I'm cat sitting this weekend. I'll try to put together a few pics then.

Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    Matt:
    I don't remember any water in The Pit. Your pic just shows mud. Perhaps you only imagined walking on water.
    There was some avoidable water in the side that doesnt show in the picture. I remember thinking at least we had water to filter if we had to stay the night in there, but then someone took a piss in it and ruined that idea.

I tried to live up to the Bogley expectations for good TRs. After spending enough hours in Cyberspace to do Happy Dog in real time, and still failing, I have a greater appreciation for the TR masters, Doug French comes to mind.
    Below is a link to some of the 950 some photos taken. Enjoy, if you are inclined.
    I need some sunshine.

http://tinyurl.com/8j3r2qg

Photos by Matthew, Luke, and John
    Penny
    Last edited by penmartens; 10-01-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Dammit. I forgot the link. Now I might need a drink.

Thanks for taking the time to share your pictures. They are fantastic.

I got nervous just looking at the pictures, can't imagine what it must be like in the Pit.

Enjoy, if you are inclined.
    I need some sunshine.

http://tinyurl.com/8j3r2qg

Photos by Matthew, Luke, and John
    Penny[/QUOTE]

Penny,
    I did enjoy the photos, very much. Often the beauty of these places is lost in the drama of survival and/or challenges. But it is not lost in these photos. Thanks.

Penny,

When I read your writings (and view your pictures), I feel something: nervousness, delight, sheer terror, I don't know but it is awesome.

Thank you for sharing!

Awesome!
    - Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    Rob:
    Thanks it was really quite thrilling.
    Luke did a free DC right after the arch. Watching that, I thought I was going to throwup. The rest of the team did a pyramid to capture him.
    Congrats Penny and crew! Glad you guys got to safely experience the canyon!

Yeah, myself and our climbing gun did that DC as well. It's spicy. ;) Not super challenging physically, but definitely challenging mentally...

I think everyone takes a break and eats at that same spot... ;) It's a nice spot with some good sun...

So cool! Excellent story and pictures!
    --Cliff

Sounds like fun, Thanks for the pictures and story.