Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GS Trophy 2012 - Qualifier in Moab, UT

GS Trophy 2012 - Qualifier in Moab, UT

Name:  Screen shot 2012-09-16 at 5.14.46 PM.png
Views: 620
Size:  385.6 KB
    I'm competing in this next weekend (Friday and Saturday) and I need your help. Part of the scoring will be determined by online activity. I need likes, comment, shares, etc on my Facebook Page when I post pictures, updates, videos, etc from the event. Comments on Bogley and likes, etc will help too. I will post the content here as well and please participate in both places.

Basically its a two day skills competition. On day one you ride (w/200 other participants) on a 50 mile route that includes 10 checkpoints where they judge your ability and riding skills. Now keep in mind this is with a 500 lb bike! For me anyway...I'll be riding my 1150 GS. Day two (*if you qualify and are part of the 50 they select) you will ride a course designed by BMW Germany on a motorcross track. They set it up the same for all the qualifiers worldwide. They also put you on an 800 GS. After the two days they will pick 3 riders from the west coast (Moab) and 3 from the east coast. Then I guess from there have another competition at a later date to narrow that to 3. Those 3 will represent the USA in South America in a worldwide competition with BMW Motorrad.

Day one course:

Event details: adventureriderchallenge.com BMW website: gstrophy.com Google KML files here: adventureriderchallenge.com/schedule.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That looks like a good loop on the Enduros. The GS will be quite a challenge. Kick their ass, Sea Bass!!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Whoo- Hooo Give em hell acca.

I'm pretty sure you should be good to go with the fuel pump.
    How's the clutch?
    It will get some serious use I'm sure.

Are there any mods. or special set ups you'll be using for your GS?
    I'm guessing tires right off the bat.

With ten check points I'm guessing it will be a timed event with a time staggered style start?
    K scratch the timed thing after a little research i'm starting to get the idea.
    It is a little confusing cause I was thinking it was a race yet nothing seams to be timed except for launch time?
    I did notice that all BMW's are welcome except for the little bastard child X-450.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Yeah, its not a race. I am sure it will have varying obstacles that will weed out the noobs. They'll either not be able to get through the obstacles physically, give up, or be too spent. Hopefully thats not me...nah.

I got a set of pirelli scorpion rally tires. Other than that, I think I'm good.

Name:  IMG_4873.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4874.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4876.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  75.6 KB

I just got the map above fixed. It now shows the full route with checkpoints.

7. Likes double moo liked this post
    Dang if that front tire don't look like it's all BUSINESS BABY.

Looks like an ADV / BMW / Good time weekend to me.
    Whatever you do don't have any fun bro.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Ahhhh you know Brother that there is a but load of dudes riding big BMW's with some madd ass skills right?

Wish you the best of luck and hope to see some t-shirts from down under in the Americas. Hooraaa bro go get some.

And they best be very raunchy Tee's.
    Best of luck and if I can get my arse down to Moab I'll be the prick laughing at the bar so go get some brother. HOORAAAW.

We need Scott to follow this dream guys so give him all the support you can and laugh later.

PS If he tells you some crap like, Easy it's just another ride - Don't buy it - I know he wants some fish tacos.

May you ride with your skills at top notch and your head strait and may your clutch treat you like a Queen.

Best of luck SCOTT and if I can find a way to support you just ask.

If nothing else keep you eye on the black and yellow bumble bee types.
    Some of them there boys can ride.
    And if they look like they are carrying camera gear give them the trail.

Over on ADV IV'E seen some sick rides in death valley on these pigs.

Youall can figure the names later but they ride around the clock and the seasons.

So day two is out in the Behind the Rocks area south of town? First day up around Gemini and down Long Canyon is good dirt road, I don't know what the challenges will be like but you'll be able to fly on the roads.

Do they close the Potash road when you are coming back to town or do you have to obey the law?

Yeah the dirt road is just dirt road...the checkpoints is where the action will be.

Yep, day two will be at the MX track.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208626098100343353913.00049be1bfe160e15d7b0&msa=0&ll=38.485509,-109.453311&spn=0.01295,0.027831&iwloc=00049be1caa242f6c0d16

The course is under construction...

Re: GS Trophy 2012 - Qualifier in Moab, UT

Your not taking the saddle bags off? Crazy!! Best of luck.:thumbup:

Just for giggles and grins Is the HP2 something a guy can put into this Marketing cause?
    You know in the spirit of competing and all that good vibe stuff?

I'll tell you what? I's much rather try to push Scott's bike around this course than a newer 1250. I't has to be at least 100 lbs. lighter.

Should not be to difficult Scott If I can run my 350 lbs.+ pig through Logondale your sure to go on to south AMERICANDOO.
    Ride it tight and ride with a smile and let the rest work itself out. Fish tacos baby fish tacos.

So is your Pass Port ready Freddy?

I think Scott will do just fine if he can just relax and ride his ride cause I know that he can.

You know back when I that this stuf was a race?, I was going to give you some of the very best advice I have ever was given for racing.

Fourtycal once said to me ,And it was the best advice that I needed just before my worcs race
    He told me to not look for the best opportunity but rather any opp. and gas that bitch and hold nothing back in doing so. In other words take it anywhere you can and COMMIT to it. Ya maybe it's just another pass for some but!!!!!!!
    BEST DAM ADVICE I HAVE EVER GOTTON FROM ANYONE FOR THE RACE.HOORAW Fourty you know youyr shit Bro.

THe heet of the battle: it is right up there with sex? Heck at my age it is the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I not saying I'm doing anything wrong LMFAO

Re: GS Trophy 2012 - Qualifier in Moab, UT

That is sweet!!!!Might me the last time we see the bike so clean and pretty.