Thread: Bear Lake Ride - Highline, Etc

Bear Lake Ride - Highline, Etc

Four of us got together kind a last minute and staged out of Beaver Creek yesterday. We did a 100 mile loop. We started out by riding over to Paris for lunch and then back along the highline from the top of Paris canyon. My front tire got snake bite and my spare tube was hosed too. So we shoved both tubes in and I limped it back 30 miles. Other than that it was a GREAT day to be on the mountain. Damn dusty though!!!

Name:  246444_4520307335510_942429594_n.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  216.4 KB

Name:  303879_4517113855675_1245187430_n.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  211.3 KB

Name:  546143_4517117495766_1610730962_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  198.8 KB

Name:  399020_4517122375888_1307089038_n.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  303600_4517124255935_1316082566_n.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  289489_4517128096031_560477895_o.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  106.3 KB

Name:  221311_4517131576118_424426249_o.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  153.8 KB

Name:  337595_4517138296286_625576954_o.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  110.5 KB

Here is are some points from my spot receiver. Hard to see the routes because it only drops a pin every 15 minutes...

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208723876618129701582.0004c9ad444ecd9aef43c&msa=0&ll=42.12394,-111.510085&spn=0.370248,0.891953

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like Chet got his CR back together.
    Nice ride guys.
    Sorry to hear about the tire probs.
    30 miles on a not so right front tire must have been all kinds of fun. To bad it wasn't the rear.
    Seems like they are a little bit easier to get out of the back country with.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Where did you eat in Paris? If you slowed down the spot would work better.
    When you get on the Highline trail at the end of Egan Basin have you ever gone Straight down that draw instead of going left onto the Highline trail. We go up and down that draw in the winter when we sled there, have never done it on a bike. It shows on the map coming out on the big turn heading up to the Cave. Would make a nice loop going down North Fork at the Monument and coming back up that draw.

Have you guys rode the single track that goes East of Bloomington Lake and comes out in St. Charles Canyon? Probably the best trail up there.

Well it's about time your hand guards look like mine Garbo.
    Aint it great when they look new and very shiny
    I'm only laughing because I have just about ripped my plastic off having fun.
    Dam if I won't be happy until I do. LETS RIDE BROTHERS LETS RIDE:

But hey on a side note: Looks to me that you'r shoulder is good to go.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Where did you eat in Paris? If you slowed down the spot would work better.
    When you get on the Highline trail at the end of Egan Basin have you ever gone Straight down that draw instead of going left onto the Highline trail. We go up and down that draw in the winter when we sled there, have never done it on a bike. It shows on the map coming out on the big turn heading up to the Cave. Would make a nice loop going down North Fork at the Monument and coming back up that draw.

Have you guys rode the single track that goes East of Bloomington Lake and comes out in St. Charles Canyon? Probably the best trail up there.
    My tracks program took a crap 8 miles into the ride, so I scanned the map of our ride. We did do the trail you speak of. It's the Davis Canyon trail #314 to the #312 and on to Paris Peak. We came in from Beaver Creek, hit the #316 and looped around the lake on the #318, then hit that trail (#314, #312). Then the #340 over the mountain into Paris.
    On the way out we hit the single track trail #316 just north of Green Basin and rode it all the way back to the South, then onto Beaver Creek. It was 105miles total. Acca decided to throw some antics into the ride with a flat and wood collection (I'll let him explain his wood). Here are some more photos I took. Short of the ribbing for the wood thing, he impressed the hell out of everybody by ripping the #316 for 30 miles on a front flat. He could have bailed onto the #415 and sailed back to the truck, but no, he stayed on the single track. It was a brutally fun outing!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Well it's about time your hand guards look like mine Garbo.
    Aint it great when they look new and very shiny
    I'm only laughing because I have just about ripped my plastic off having fun.
    Dam if I won't be happy until I do. LETS RIDE BROTHERS LETS RIDE:

But hey on a side note: Looks to me that you'r shoulder is good to go.
    Yeah, I've scraped them so many times, the plastic is paper thin.

My shoulder only hurts when I'm not riding!

I've never rode 340 in Paris, what is it like single track or road? I am talking about 319 in St Charles.

Sweet very Sweet guys.
    I love the wear and tear on them $****** bikes makes me feel like I can duct tape mine. and almost get away with it now.

MY poor pristene bitch looks like she's been fidden. LMAO and I am talking only about mine .

Dam I need to get together with the boys they are having way too much fun without my sorry arse.

Bear Lake Ride - Highline, Etc

I slid sideways in a corner and clipped a dead tree. That's what jammed in my bike. It took me a minute to get in a groove with that flat tire. Good times!

Re: Bear Lake Ride - Highline, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I've never rode 340 in Paris, what is it like single track or road? I am talking about 319 in St Charles.
    Sorry, my bad. My map doesn't show the 319. Do you have a map that shows it? We would definitely want to try it. The 340 is a rough but fun road to the top. Coming down the east side is interesting. Making your way through trees and download rocky run offs. It's not a great trail, it just adds some to the ride into Paris.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Bear Lake Ride - Highline, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I slide sideways in a corner and clipped a dead tree. That's what jammed in my bike. It took me a minute to get in a groove with that flat tire. Good times!
    As fast as you were riding on that flat tire, I'm surprised you only washed out once. You have some weird thrill issues. When I told you I was working on some wood furniture, I really didn't expect you to bring home the materials. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That Chet only gets picts with the fine women
    And you boys aint it.

Somebody best explain to him this aint BLAYBOY. Nice ride guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Sorry, my bad. My map doesn't show the 319. Do you have a map that shows it? We would definitely want to try it. The 340 is a rough but fun road to the top. Coming down the east side is interesting. Making your way through trees and download rocky run offs. It's not a great trail ....
    The map above does show the Snowslide Canyon Trail #319. It's between the Highline Trail #316 (about a mile north from Danish Pass) and North Fork Trail #318. See T15S R42E Section 19 for Highline End, T15S R42E Section 16 for North Fork end.

Ten years ago, the Paris Peak Trail #340 (singletrack portion on Paris Canyon side) was one of the best singletrack motorcycle trails in the area. But ATVs kept pushing in and forging a maze of trails. They couldn't stay on the the singletrack trail, so they punched bypass after bypass, and then bypasses around the bypasses after earlier bypasses eroded... really made a mess of what was an awesome trail.

Quote Originally Posted by SportSawyer View Post
    The map above does show the Snowslide Canyon Trail #319. It's between the Highline Trail #316 (about a mile north from Danish Pass) and North Fork Trail #318.
    You're right. We are familiar with the Snowslide Canyon, as we have rode it a few times. I was thinking Mark was referring to another section closer to St Charles. If he is, I'm not familiar with it. Snowslide is an amazing trail. Too bad about the 340 as it is a decent trail but would be much better in single track form. We really love this area.