Thread: Sierra Canyon - Kaweah

Sierra Canyon - Kaweah

Last weekend I went though a canyon on Upper Fork of North Kaweah. The area is best described as Sequoia National Park. It was a two day adventure in a wet canyon at low water flows. Following video picks up highlights of the trip.

Enjoy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    oh man, looks like a ton of fun! the slide at 3:20 is pretty sweet! Thanks a ton for sharing this.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Wow. That is awesome!

Ok, I am so going on this trip before winter sets in. What camera did you use for the footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Holden View Post
    Ok, I am so going on this trip before winter sets in. What camera did you use for the footage?
    Camera used was the GoPro Hero. Yesterday I bought the Hero 2 so my footage from Jump Canyon I am doing this weekend should be marginally better.

Thanks to everyone for taking a peak at the video.

Looks like the Jug on steroids

Great video!!

That canyon looks like a blast!! Good video editing, I liked the split screen at the end. What software did you use?

Also, I like how you cut out the splash at 1:18, it creates the illusion that you landed on something hard.

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Great video!!

That canyon looks like a blast!! Good video editing, I liked the split screen at the end. What software did you use?

Also, I like how you cut out the splash out at 1:18, it creates the illusion that you landed on something hard.

Thank you for the complement. I used Final Cut Pro X. I am pretty new to the video editing but I hope to learn.
    Intent of 1:18 was to make it look like I was walking on water. I seriously thought that no one would notice.