Thread: This Bud's for you - permanently

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

This Bud's for you - permanently

I thought of a few people on here that would most likely get a kick out of this......

http://www.wbtv.com/story/19477911/l...dweiser-casket
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

People are a trip. Some freak will actually buy that thing. Did you hear about the Steelers fan that had himself buried in a casket all decked out in the yellow and black, he was dressed like a super fan. Extreme...like those people that have their dead pets stuffed.

I think I'd at least go for a tasty microbrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

Yeah, like a Polygamy porter... hmmm or 5 wives vodka..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

A friend of mine died about 10 years ago (suicide) and he was buried in all his Steelers gear. He was also a big time smoker and he was buried with a new pack of Marlboro Reds in his shirt pocket....

....I swiped his lighter just before they closed the casket. ... talk about smokers hell.... a smoker with cigs and no lighter...

True story...

I did it cause I can't stand the smell of cigerette smoke.

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    A friend of mine died about 10 years ago (suicide) and he was buried in all his Steelers gear. He was also a big time smoker and he was buried with a new pack of Marlboro Reds in his shirt pocket....

....I swiped his lighter just before they closed the casket. ... talk about smokers hell.... a smoker with cigs and no lighter...

True story...

I did it cause I can't stand the smell of cigerette smoke.
    OMG...that is sooo hardcore! If I'm lucky, I won't be buried at all. I have a place all staked out to take a swan dive when the end draws near. Palisades Of The Desert...1200 feet, buck naked. Actually, I might keep my coveted Tilley hat on.

OMG...that is sooo hardcore! If I'm lucky, I won't be buried at all. I have a place all staked out to take a swan dive when the end draws near. Palisades Of The Desert...1200 feet, buck naked. Actually, I might keep my coveted Tilley hat on.
    My last wishes are to be cremated and then sprinkled around Sedona AZ.

People are a trip. Some freak will actually buy that thing. Did you hear about the Steelers fan that had himself buried in a casket all decked out in the yellow and black, he was dressed like a super fan. Extreme...like those people that have their dead pets stuffed.

Some freak DID buy that thing! Check out the story. I've actually seen photos of the Steeler's fan and if I remember correctly, he was "viewed" sitting in his favorite recliner with reruns of Steelers games on a tv. They just had a funeral down here in New Orleans for a jazz great. His body was dressed to the nines and viewed standing up leaning against a New Orleans style gas lamp post surrounded by his instruments. Last requests should be honored.....

If I die during an outdoor activity, I just hope the GoPro is rolling.

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I've often thought if I had a terminal disease, I'd go down into the Grand Canyon and hike off to a remote place and go die, maybe by OD'ing on some Seconal and a few shots of Ketel One. I don't have enough guts/whatever to pitch myself over the rim, though. Palisades OTD, though - that's a good location.

In early June of '05, I went with a handful of people to scatter my best friend's ashes over the edge near Desert View - a short down the dirt road there goes to a natural monument and overlooks Tanner Creek (and thus, POTD is visible). I also scooped up a small amount in a tiny glass urn. A year later, I hiked and sprinkled them into the CO river where it passes by Pipe Creek along the BA trail - it was one of his and my favorite places to hang out in the Big Ditch, and his mom and sisters were totally supportive of me doing it. It helped give some closure to his death (suicide), and I know it made him happy that I did that .

So, yeah - that's my wish as well. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone will be left that would care or could do that by the time I kick off, assuming I die of old age.

One thing is for sure, I would never, EVER want to be buried in some tacky-assed coffin like the one Savannah posted !
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    If I die during an outdoor activity, I just hope the GoPro is rolling.
    Why does this not surprise me at all? It would probably go viral on YouTube, so your legacy could go on and on...at least as long as YouTube still exists .
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"