Thread: A week of Fishing

A week of Fishing

Finally got away this summer (been absolutely slammed at work) to do some fishing. My little brother and I set up base camp just north of Panguitch reservoir in a sweet spot off the road that the Bunker Creek mtn bike trail comes down on (see my mtn bike thread). My brother has a little boat so we could tackle some stream and reservoir fishing this time.

When I first got there we headed down to the meadow and fished the streams. I was fly fishing with my Sage7'6" 3wt and my brother was using my little backpacking spinning rig. Unfortunately he way outfished me and pulled a pretty large fish out of that creek. We caught quite a few and released them all.

The next day we headed up to Otter Creek. But before we could go his little trailer tire was flat and the bead had separated. We used a banana as a impromptu Murphy's! worked perfectly when combined with a CO2 canister which set the bead. Then we used my little cigarette lighter pump to fill it the rest of the way. Otter creek was awesome. We must have caught 20-30 fish. Non stop action. It took us a bit to figure out what was working but once we figured it out, it was ON!

Next day we did some mtn biking and relaxing (it rained major). When we went up to the top of Bunker it was hailing.

Then we hit Panguitch late in the afternoon. A little dead at my brothers 'secret spot' but once we moved to deeper water we caught some fishies. With the combination of camping, mtn biking, and fishing we had a blast. The one day we had to spend in the tent due to major thunderstorms was even fun. I had a little DVD player and we watched a bunch of movies. Pretty fun.

Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images                    
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm heading to OtterCreek and Fish Lake next week. I don't have a boat, so will be bank fishing. Were you trolling or using bait? Thought I saw a bag of marsh mellows.

Bait tips? Been a few years for me since I was last at OtterCreek, but I recall lures, salmon eggs w/marsh mellow did quite well.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

A week of Fishing

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Awesome man.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I'm heading to OtterCreek and Fish Lake next week. I don't have a boat, so will be bank fishing. Were you trolling or using bait? Thought I saw a bag of marsh mellows.

Bait tips? Been a few years for me since I was last at OtterCreek, but I recall lures, salmon eggs w/marsh mellow did quite well.
    The marshmallows were for us. We tried trolling for a bit but nothing. Then we went to the east side about 50 yards of the bank where it gets deep and started fishing with just power bait dipped in this nuclear glow garlic stuff. MONEY. Set with weight so the bait floated off the bottom by about 3-4'. Seemed to be the trick! The orange powerbait without the garlic was still marginally successful but no where near as good as the garlic stuff.

In the evening there was quite a bit of rising fish and I was able to catch a few with a #16 mosquito dry fly with about a 20' cast from the boat towards the shore. The only fish we caught with a lure was on the beeline back to the dock with my brother dragging a lure at like 5mph.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Nice rainbows!

Great fix for the trailer tire.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log