Thread: Chamberland ranch shuttle

Chamberland ranch shuttle

Anyone recommend a good shuttle service to use?

I've always had 2 vehicles. :) planning on mystery oct. 4th and the narrows oct. 5th. (never done them this late, hopefully we stay warm :)

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We alway use ZAC: just did last weekend when we did The Narrows.

http://www.zionadventures.com/zion-s...on-trailheads/
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I have used Zion Rock and Mountain Guides once for a shuttle. This was several years ago, and their rates were $5/person more than ZAC, but they had a pickup at the Zion visitor center, and that was worth it for us. Things might be different now.

How did you do it with two cars? Where is the best spot to leave one overnight for when you exit the narrows?

Quote Originally Posted by pcsmigal View Post
    How did you do it with two cars? Where is the best spot to leave one overnight for when you exit the narrows?
    Leave on car at the Chamberland TH and one at the Visitor Center is usually the easiest. Depending on your group size you still might find it in your best interest to purchase a shuttle if you value your time. It takes half a day to clean up your shuttle when you're finished so a few bucks for a shuttle is a no brainer to me as driving completely through the park twice and up to the TH is not an enjoyable way to spend my vacation time. YMMV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Leave on car at the Chamberland TH and one at the Visitor Center is usually the easiest. Depending on your group size you still might find it in your best interest to purchase a shuttle if you value your time. It takes half a day to clean up your shuttle when you're finished so a few bucks for a shuttle is a no brainer to me as driving completely through the park twice and up to the TH is not an enjoyable way to spend my vacation time. YMMV
    I would agree. It’s worth the price (to a point) to either get dropped off by a friend or pay for a shuttle to the top. You are looking at least 3 hours of driving the vehicle to the top and back down (including waiting for the tunnel traffic both times).

And when everyone is hungry and tired after hiking and THEN they have to wait 3 more hours you for you to return? ... they won’t be happy. Learned that the hard way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I would agree. It’s worth the price (to a point) to either get dropped off by a friend or pay for a shuttle to the top. You are looking at least 3 hours of driving the vehicle to the top and back down (including waiting for the tunnel traffic both times).

And when everyone is hungry and tired after hiking and THEN they have to wait 3 more hours you for you to return? ... they won’t be happy. Learned that the hard way...
    That is AT LEAST 3 hours with a capable vehicle. At least 4 in a Prius. Or, one person can buy a shuttle the next morning to go get the car.

Tom

9. Likes jman liked this post