Thread: the chase is set

the chase is set

wow! richmond was a crazy race. rain delays, kyle fading, gordons first half compared to the last half. amazing that gordon was able to race his way in (not sure how the hell that happened) by 3 points. bowyer winning on fuel mileage, after having a tire cut down by juan pablo and spinning. hendrick having 4 cars in the chase. so many story lines.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: the chase is set

I was listening to Kyle Busch's race radio.... he was NOT happy that his crew chief cost him a spot in the chase with a dumbass call that put him 3 laps down.

Sent using Tapatalk

could have been worse for busch too. if the offical hadn't pointed out the missed lugnut on his last pitstop it would have been a pass through penalty and another lap down. some of the blame is shared by the rear tire changer.

The damage was already done by the loose lug nut problem.

The real issue was the rain at about lap 278.... Kyle wanted to pit and his crew chief had him stay out. They had a big war about this over the radio before the stop.... and after...

If Kyle had of pitted the worse that would have happened is if would fall to the end of cars on the lead lap. By the choice they made the team was doomed if the race went green again (which it did) as they would have to pit under green (the lug nut stop).

The crew chief made a big gamble to try and win the race with a 5th place car.... when the gamble didn't pan out they were 3 laps down.

It also helped that Gordon some how found the handle on an evil handling race car.

FWIW: I seldom listen to the broadcast of a NASCAR race. I normally turn off the sound and listen to the race radio's of a couple of my favorite drivers over the internet. Kyle Busch is one of the drivers I normally listen to unless he is really sucking. Harvick and Stwaret are a couple of my other favorite to listen to.

yea rogers did blow the call. he was hoping that it would rain and the race would be called. good chance of that considering that it was after midnight there and the radar looked worse than it had earlier. he just forgot who he was racing against. he was looking at the win instead of just staying ahead of gordon. he lost sight of the big picture and it cost him.

The team had the whole season to gain 3 extra points. It was more than this one bad decision that kept him out of the chase.

It will be interesting to see if he steps up and finishes the season working hard to prepare for next year or if he continues to pout and cry like he did after Rodgers told him to stay out.

Great race though--nice to see Martin run well all night and finish 3rd, I love Richmond.

it was good to see Martin do well. he is a class act. also good to see mwr get two cars in the chase.

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Martin so far has 4 poles, 3 top 5's and 7 top 10's...not too shabby for an over-the-hill part-timer! It's great to see him having fun and living the dream.

Yea, very cool that MWR has 2 of 3 in the chase. Never was much of a fan of Michael, especially after he sucker punched Dave Marcis, but I will say that I've gained some respect for him in the last few years. He seems to have finally matured-which is more than I can say for his brother...

This year I'm cheering for anybody but Jimmy....

I'd also really like to see a first time winner, I think it would be good for the sport.