Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bogley Canyoneering Fest October 19-21

I got myself registered on bogley, so next time I'll be more up to speed on things before coming out. Thanks for initiating and organizing Scott, and it was a pleasure meeting you all and doing canyons.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looking forward to seeing some of the photos! BTW I said at the fest I'd post up my email, so here it is. I'm Jeremy (with the beard ;), you can find my email address here http://scr.im/2pdw (this is a link because I dont want spam bots seeing my email. Click the link, answer the one question, and you'll be able to see my email). Or yaknow, just PM me here :)

GREAT TIME at Bogleyfest !!! I met a bunch of cool people and cant wait for the next one. Thanks Scott for setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverso View Post
    It was indeed an excellent weekend to be out there. We did N Fork of Robber's Roost (dry), Right Fork of Leprechaun (also dry) and then Chambers. All were mostly dry with avoidable water. We were planning to stop by the festival after the Chambers, but I must admit my ass was totally kicked and so was the rest of my group by the pumpyness of the Chambers. I am a small framed individual and thought the skinny nature of Chambers would be no problem, but I was wrong. I highly advise that you be very careful before entering this canyon. It is very tight and lots of fun BUT...Anyone over about 140 lbs has to work very hard to pass through this canyon. As Circle of Friends has stated clearly "You have been warned!" Sorry to have missed the party, hope to make it next time...

YES! Chambers is NO JOKE!! That last 100 feet is grueling. Don't attempt unless you're in shape or you might be a SAR recipient.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I got back home late last night (Tuesday night) after a detour to Moab before heading home. Great meeting all of you..
    I have some pics, but not as good as I originally thought. I have tons of mediocre video that I have not fully seen yet, also. I'll try to post some of it, if it is worth seeing in the coming days.

It really SUCKS being back at work, by the way...

7. Likes xilch liked this post
    I did not see a trip report for the Bogley Fest. So I will just post here. I finally got to editing some videos.

Red Spur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_C_KO_nPA

White Roost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUiEQ9JOpw

Still work on the video for Alcatraz.

9. Likes xilch liked this post
    Nice videos

This was my first fest, and it was awesome! I'll be hitting every one I can possibly make from here on out. It was great to meet everyone there, and I hope to adventure with you all again. The sooner the better.

Finished the video for Alcatraz

Quote Originally Posted by hikster11 View Post

Finished the video for Alcatraz
    Looks like you guys did not even bring small backpacks... very smart. You made it through much faster than we did the day before..

Took one small pack with rope webbing and water. And glad that was all we took.

Great vid! I'm really really stoked to do Alkatraz now.