Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR 2013

NASCAR 2013

I can't believe Penske hired Joey Lagano to drive the 22 car for 2013. Look up overrated in the dictionary and you will see Lagano's picture.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I looked it up in the dictionary, and sure enough, there was a picture of Lagano's peachfuzzed face right next to Dale Jr.

Seriously though, was there no one else to choose from? I mean here was Dinger who came from a lackluster team and did great things, Joey, on the other hand...

Re: NASCAR 2013

I thought Hornish should get the ride. He has done good things in that car since he was tossed into the deep end. Hornish has also spent 2 years in Nationwide learning since his last trip into Cup.

As for talented drivers available.... Kurt Bush.... I know he comes with other problems, but the guy is a winner, champion and hell of a driver.

I also don't know if Jr is overrated, fans seem to understand what you see is what you get.... and they love him anyways. He is just popular and I don't consider that over rated. Same goes for Danica.

Sent using Tapatalk

joey made a good move. that being said i am not a big fan. had he stayed he would have had to take a step backward. running a full cup season or running a nationwide and a handful of cup, what would you chose? i agree he is overrated but mark martin does have an eye for talent. at least he has some wins in cup. how many does hornish or dinger have? the 22 car needs a driver with an appeal to a sponsor and logano is that driver.

kurt is right where he belongs. you reap what you sow. kind of a hot potato for the sponsors.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Lagano has trouble staying in the top 20 in points and he has a car and crew chief with 2 Cup championships. Heck... Paul Menard has a better record driving.... and I would want him either...

Sent using Tapatalk

So.... where will Kurt Busch end up in 2013? He is without doubt one of the most talented drivers around. He has a back marker team and still gives them a chance to win every weekend.

FWIW Kurt's crew and shop guys are real believers in his talent.... and loyal. After Kurt's latest dumbass crap the team owner was going to let him go. The entire crew said they would quit if he did. They said they would rather take Kurt's crap and run up front over returning to being a rolling chicane.

Sent using Tapatalk

And Ryan Newman was avaiable up to a couple hours ago. He just inked a one year extention with SHR.

no denying the talent of the busch brothers. that family is over flowing with driving talent. unfortunately they are both deficient in the keeping the mouth shut talent. kurt has done a more than credible job driving for a less than top tier team. which shows to me that talent does go a long way in this sport. when he can keep the fenders on the car he brings home a decent finish alot of the time. just look back to his run at sonoma. beat by boywer on the next to last lap and still hung to a broken car to finish third. but as i said, a sponsors nightmare. hard to rehabilitate your image. and it is all about the dollar.

and running up front makes crap taste good.

mernard has shown he belongs in cup by his own right and not just because he has a permanent family sponsor. last year was a breakout year for him. and having a sponsor come along with him has to be attractive to a team owner.

newman is right there sandwiched between menard and logano in the standings. so i think that's a wash.

like i said before i am not a logano fan. but if i were trying to attract a sponsor he was a good choice.

i would rather see sadler get another crack at a full time cup ride before hornish.

How bout ol Rusty Wallace second guessing and dissing his former car owner's decision to pull Hornish while on prime time TV?

Long before the Busch bros, we had Rusty!

Wallace is now a color commentator.... he was just doing his job and I'm fine with that...

But then again, I don't listen to the commentators during the race. I just stream the race radios through my smart phone and plug in the ear buds.

They look a lot better than those ugly taxi cabs they raced the last couple of years.

Also interesting the winning manufacture (Dodge) will not return in 2013.

sounds like they had a good test at lowes motor speedway. Jr said the cars drives like the car previous to the COT. also that the toyota's looked strong.

This oughta be interesting...

Travis Pastrana sets Nationwide slate

CONCORD, N.C. -- X Games star Travis Pastrana will drive the full NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule this year in Roush Fenway's No. 60 Ford Mustang.

Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush and Pastrana announced the move Thursday. Roush said the 11-time X Games gold medalist in motorcycle events is serious about making a full-time move to NASCAR and plans to drive in all 33 Nationwide races. He has made nine career Nationwide starts.

"Travis is a champion," Roush said. "It takes a great deal of drive and determination to reach that level of greatness in any field. He is serious about this move to NASCAR and we are committed to doing everything we can to see his career develop in NASCAR. We would certainly expect to see a great level of excitement brought to the table as he progresses within our sport."

RFR will have two full-time Nationwide entries with Pastrana and 2010 Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne in the No. 6 Ford. Pastrana will team with veteran crew chief Chad Norris.

"I am very serious about making this move, running competitively and ultimately winning races in NASCAR," said Pastrana, who is also a motocross and rally car champion. "No team can claim the success in the Nationwide Series that Roush Fenway has, and I know driving an RFR Ford will provide me with the maximum opportunity to develop my skills behind the wheel of a stock car."

This just means that Pastrana brought his own funding to the team. "Ride buying" has gone on for years and will continue for any more. The Cup series has been lucky in the past because most high profile car owners were able to fund the team without drivers money.

FWIW- Dale Earnhardt got his start buying his way in with Wranglers money through a personal service contract.

Sent using Tapatalk

Kyle Bush has signed a long term deal with JGR.

Kevin Harvick will leave Childress at the end of 2013 and join Stewart Hass for 2014.

How will Pastrana do? That is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That one is easy.... He will be a rolling chicane....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    A lot of people saying that the 60 cars fab shop is looking at some major overtime this year, but it's really hard to tell right now. He had some respectable finishes last year in Nationwide and finished on the lead lap a few times.

The guy's got a ton of talent and could do very well, but I think it will come down to his level of commitment. He's so involved in other ventures that could become too much of a distraction to compete for a championship.

2012 Nationwide Race Results
    DATE RACE PLACE START LEAD COMP MONEY PTS BONUS PEN
    4/27 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Richmond 22 25 0 248 $19,918 22 0 0
    5/11 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Darlington 17 25 0 151 $18,068 27 0 0
    5/20 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Iowa 26 15 0 228 $19,818 18 0 0
    5/26 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Charlotte 24 42 0 195 $17,503 20 0 0
    7/14 NASCAR Nationwide Series at New Hampshire 31 20 0 77 $16,933 13 0 0
    7/22 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Chicago 17 32 0 200 $23,768 27 0 0
    7/28 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Indianapolis 13 19 0 100 $27,868 31 0 0
    9/1 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Atlanta 26 16 6 173 $16,768 19 1 0
    9/7 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Richmond 17 5 0 250 $14,225 27 0 0

danica patrick and ricky stenhouse are dating. she just divorced he hubbly last month.