Thread: Entrajo Canyon - Moab conditions

Entrajo Canyon - Moab conditions

Has anyone been thru Entrajo in the last week or two & have some info on the water conditions? We're thinking of going thru Saturday. Forecast is for sunny and 85 degrees or higher. If it is wet, what recommendations would anyone make for wetsuits?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Entrajo Canyon - Moab conditions

The swims in entrajo are quick and most have a fairly easy access out. Wetsuit would make it more enjoyable but in this heat, and a small group I personally wouldn't on a sunny day.

EDIT: forgot to add: access out. That reminds me of the commericals I hear in Maverick gas station all the time "enjoy your beverages as you explore the deep and treacherous slots of moab". hehe. Definitely not treacherous as most have a easy access out for most of the canyons. And definitely not deep. lol. Anyhoo...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    The swims in entrajo are quick and most have a fairly easy access. Wetsuit would make it more enjoyable but in this heat, and a small group I personally wouldn't on a sunny day.
    X 2 short swims if any right now.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbaggers View Post
    Has anyone been thru Entrajo in the last week or two & have some info on the water conditions? We're thinking of going thru Saturday. Forecast is for sunny and 85 degrees or higher. If it is wet, what recommendations would anyone make for wetsuits?
    I went through 3 weeks ago. Several knee-high pools, and one swim at the end of the narrow section in the middle. We didn't get the wetsuits out on a sunny 80 degree day, and even the girls were fine.

The walk back is short, I wouldn't bring my wetsuits if doing it soon.

That was right after the flash flood warnings, so maybe even lower water levels now ... ?

Thanks for the responses. We'll be going there tomorrow so will file a report on Candition.com afterwards.