Thread: Fully assembled Apple iPhone 5 pictured side to side with older siblings

Fully assembled Apple iPhone 5 pictured side to side with older siblings

The Apple iPhone 5 is expected to be the biggest redefinition of the iPhone since it launched way back into 2007, changing our perception of what’s a smartphone. For the first time in five years, Apple is expected to bring an iPhone with a larger screen, but it seems that the outrageous demand that everyone expects will face not so stellar supply.

Sharp, one of the three companies responsible for manufacturing the iPhone screen, has encountered “manufacturing difficulties” and lacks a timetable for the shipment of the displays. This could turn out to be a big issue for Apple as Sharp is one of only three display manufacturers that Apple has contracted. The other two are LG Display and Japan Display, and it seems they might need to make up for Sharp’s slow manufacturing start.

Meanwhile, another day brings us another leaked picture of the alleged iPhone 5, this time side to side with the its older siblings.

It’s taller, the camera is at the center, but otherwise they look almost perfectly identical. We know, though that the back is where the difference should be. Apple is unveiling the new iPhone on September 12th, the date we’re all waiting forward to to put all these rumors to rest.

Name:  iphone5pics-e1346415437204.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  126.2 KB

Name:  iphonescomparison2-e1346416072509.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  131.2 KB

Name:  iphone3and5-e1346415724747.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  iphonessidecomparison-e1346415858214.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  187.8 KB

Name:  iphone5-120831-2.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  37.3 KB

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Fully...ngs_id33934#5-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gotta love Samsung's new marketing campaign.....

They went larger, huh. They have been trending smaller on almost all their products over the last decade.

is that a real samsung ad? eeh. Don't they owe Apple approximately $1 billion after the ruling last week.

Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    Don't they owe Apple approximately $1 billion after the ruling last week.
    Uh yep: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65415

I am disappointed by the new form factor. I was hoping it would be a little wider (like the S3). I really thought about waiting for the iPhone 5 (banking on iOS6 being as good as they say) but in the end the inability to control my own phone was a deal break. If it really is this long and thin, then I am glad I didn't even wait to decide on what phone to get.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    If it really is this long and thin, then I am glad.
    That's what she said!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    That's what she said!

Control ain't an issue for me...I don't work in IT.

Marketing Technology...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Control ain't an issue for me...I don't work in IT.
    Does it getting longer without getting wider disappoint you at all? I know you have been very pleased over the years, so I figure you should have a better insight than me about only lengthening the phone instead of maintaining the aspect ratio.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have loved its design. I so happy with it, that I would hope that all of my future phones are the same size (though one of the advantages of Android is that the screen size option is left up to me :) ).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Re: Fully assembled Apple iPhone 5 pictured side to side with older siblings

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Does it getting longer without getting wider disappoint you at all?
    Hahaha.... you're funny. Nothing about Apple disappoints acca.... he is the leader of their fanboi cheerleaders.

Sent using Tapatalk

Re: Fully assembled Apple iPhone 5 pictured side to side with older siblings

Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    Don't they owe Apple approximately $1 billion after the ruling last week.
    You guys crack me up.... do you really believe this will ever happen? I'll believe it the day the Samsung armered car backs up to the Apple loading dock.... Until then its just lawyer's playing with smoke and mirrors.

Sent using Tapatalk

Size doesn't matter.

I'm looking forward to the new iOS 6 features and a faster chip etc. The extra height might be nice, but the current size isn't an issue for me.

I like the Apple OS/UI better than Android. Usability is something I specialize in and appreciate. IMO, Apple excels in this area, Android struggles. Apple has always had great UI design and usability. Great products don't require a manual.

And yep, I'm the president of the Apple fan club.

Agreed on the Apple UI. I was a PC person until college and then quickly fell in love with the intuitive interfaces and simple gestures for toggling various features. It would be hard to go back now as I struggle when I have to use a PC. That said, they will have to watch their price points carefully as they are on the upper end of what I consider appropriate/reasonable.

You guys crack me up.... do you really believe this will ever happen? I'll believe it the day the Samsung armered car backs up to the Apple loading dock.... Until then its just lawyer's playing with smoke and mirrors.
    Not sure they will ever have to pay. That said, I was just shocked to see that ad you posted. I am hoping the ad was either a case of culture jamming or older. The case is going to appeal which means it heads to the federal circuit.