Thread: [Invite] Subway, Oct 5th; Keyhole/Pine Creek, Oct 6th

[Invite] Subway, Oct 5th; Keyhole/Pine Creek, Oct 6th

Hello,
    I managed to get a four person permit for Subway on Friday, October 5th. I also have a four person permit for Keyhole and Pine Creek on Saturday, Oct 6th. I have two openings on each permit.

Anyone interested in taking out a couple of noobs on their first Zion canyoneering trip? We have experience canyoneering in the Grand Canyon, but none in Zion. We also have all the proper gear, wetsuits, etc...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Jeremy. I'd love to do either of these with you and I will be passing through Zion these days on my way back to Vegas for a flight back to the UK. I've always wanted to do them both, but the only problem is guides are not allowed to take people within the park and I have only rapelled 4 times when someone else fixed up all the ropes and harnesses for me. Although Zion Adventure Company reckon I'd be capable of doing it alone after going on their one-day canyoneering course I wouldn't want to risk it without someone experienced accompanying me. I'd be willing to take their course beforehand and rent all necessary equipment and even pay for your accommodation or gas or meals. I've done all of Zion's short and long hiking trails but these two canyons I'd love to see. If interested, please email me direct on rosskaniuk@hotmail.com thanks Ross

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Strange as it may seem, high-quality canyoneering instruction is available in Wisconsin, through my buddy Nick Wilkes, former Head of Guiding Services at Zion Adventure Company:

http://www.devilslakeclimbingguides.com/

Tom

Ross,
    I pm'd you.

Tom,
    Thanks for the heads up on guides in the WI area. I have a class with Nick scheduled for this Sunday.