Thread: Mack & Daddy?

Mack & Daddy?

[SIZE=4]Back in June, I had made plans to visit Flaming Gorge Reservoir with a buddy who tends to do pretty well there, trolling. About a year ago, we went out and were able to cross kokanee off my list of species yet to catch. This year, it would be lake trout (and hopefully more kokes).

As the weekend approached, I had been mentally preparing for the big water fishing, when my phone rang and I learned that my Father would be in town for the weekend.

Having been only 10 years old the last time we
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Excellent story

I grew up on the Gorge, we had a cabin my dad and I built in Manila, great times and fond memories.

Thanks for the report Loah

and on a side note, Don't ever think your reports go un-read, I like many read and enjoy them all.

Thanks for that! I'll keep posting them, regardless.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Great report and it makes me think about my dad as well. It is really sad to see them grow old. My dad is pushing 80 and is not what he used to be. We grew up flying airplanes together and now he cant really fly anymore and it really frustrates him. Yep, I dont really want to get any older!

Good to see a piece of gold blue fox hangin out of the tigers mouth. Love those things.

Thanks for sharing.

Touching post. Growing up my dad loved the outdoors but it was always physically challenging for him to hike or hit some of the remote lakes I wanted to go to. We spent a lot of time trolling at the Gorge as we had family with properties in Manilla. Reading this makes me feel like I need to get out with him while I still have him, he's 72. This past weekend, I took my family on their first camping trip and insisted we backpack in to Tamarack from Spirit Lake. It was quite an experience watching my 10 year old daughter reel in the first fish she's ever caught where she cast, hooked and caught the fish. A beautiful brookie caught with a renegade fly. It's all about making memories.