Thread: Where is your rope Tom?

Where is your rope Tom?

@ratagonia- I hear that the CanyonFire rope is THE rope to have for canyoneering. I have checked your site and it appears to be out, and I have been to 3 stores here in Utah Valley looking for it. How am I supposed to support you if I can't find anyone selling your products? Seriously though, how long should I expect to wait for a Canyonfire? If I can't get one soon, then I plan on buying something else. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Where is your rope Tom?

P.S. I have read several threads on Bogley about ropes before posting my post (including this thread which was arguably the most helpful I found)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I have checked your site and it appears to be out,
    hey, DiscGo - I just went to the site and put some in a cart - and did not see a note about ICG being out of rope. Did you find one?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    @ratagonia - I hear that the CanyonFire rope is THE rope to have for canyoneering. I have checked your site and it appears to be out, and I have been to 3 stores here in Utah Valley looking for it. How am I supposed to support you if I can't find anyone selling your products? Seriously though, how long should I expect to wait for a Canyonfire? If I can't get one soon, then I plan on buying something else. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
    Thank you for your support, Discgo. And thanks for the poke...

http://www.store.canyoneeringusa.com...oduct=10914142

I'm unclear what you are perceiving as a statement of unavailability. I've been shipping ropes all week. Just checked the website, thinking I had forgotten to change the text when the last shipment came in (July 15), but it is all correct.
    The (pre-packaged-software) web store shows a price of $ 0.00 when there are options at different prices. Is that what you are interpreting as "not available"? One of the problems with buying canned software is that they often make odd choices - shouldn't that say "Various" rather than " $0.00"? (Yes).

Shipped 200 and 300 Canyon Fires to Out N Back on 8/22, should have arrived on Friday 8/24. Shipped them previously on 7-20.

Rec Outlet being a big outfit is a lot slower ordering stuff when they are out. They like to order 6 months worth at a time.

Hansen's is inconsistent in maintaining inventory. MountainWorks is inconsistent.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Web store shows a price of $ 0.00 when there are options at different prices. Is that what you are interpreting as "not available"? One of the problems with buying canned software is that they often make odd choices - shouldn't that say "Various" rather than " $0.00"? (Yes).
    Yes. The $0.00 is why I thought you were out of stock. Plenty of sites (Recreation Outlet included) use 0.00 to indicate "out of stock".

I plan on making a new purchase next week :)