Thread: New Trail Group Ride in Park City

New Trail Group Ride in Park City

Saturday, I went on a group ride to Park City. I think there were 16 of us that showed up. Most of the group had not done the new Armstrong/Pinecone trail yet so that's what we did (my second time although a different starting point & route). We parked at Park City Mountain Resort and started out on the Silver Spur trail then up to Armstrong, a bit on Mid Mountain, then up Pinecone. The top of Pinecone ends right where Puke Hill tops out on the Wasatch Crest Trail. From PCMR, I measured 9.8 miles of climbing with just over 3,200' of vertical. This route has got to be the longest, sustained, uphill singletrak trail in the state that I know of. It just doesn't stop and is rarely flat for any respite's. The trailbuilders have done it right however, with good doable grades and plenty of rollers to keep the water off. I was able to stay in the middle chainring the whole way until about 3/4's of a mile to the top. By then, my legs were really feeling it and I had to drop down into granny. After regrouping at the top, we debated what route to return by but, decided due to time constraints, to return via Pinecone- a good choice! Since I had climbed up it twice now without taking it back down, I really wanted to descend it. I wasn’t disappointed! What a rush! The trail flows downhill very nicely although you have to watch the lines as the outer trail shoulder is still quite soft and moon-dusty mushy because it’s so new. Since Armstrong is an uphill direction only trail, after coming down Pinecone, we went the rest of the way down via, Mid Mountain, Spiro and Silver Spur. About 21 miles total distance. Great ride!

Name:  Armstrong.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  66.3 KBName:  Top of Pinecone 1.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  90.3 KBName:  Top of Pinecone 2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  59.3 KB
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: New Trail Group Ride in Park City

It was good to see you all up there! My first time on Armstrong/Pinecone as well. I agree that Pinecone was sustained going up and great coming down. Fantastic day for a ride.
    [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\iFolder\lstephens\Home\My Pictures[/img]