Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad

Re: My New Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    OMG!!! I'm on season 2, episode 3, and every episode now makes my stomach churn and my palms sweat!! Why didn't they shoot Hank when they had the chance (at Tuco's dad's shack)?!?!
    If you think killing Hank would be easy, remind me not to ever be your brother in law.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    If you think killing Hank would be easy, remind me not to ever be your brother in law.
    Hell, they HAD a clear shot (after Hank killed Tuco), but they decided to run away instead. Walt had to know that Hank was breathing down his neck if he drove all the way out there in the first place. Walt should regard Hank as a primary threat to his operation, and hence a primary threat to his family's future well being.

If you're willing to play poker with the devil (cooking Meth), you gotta put all your chips in (ie be willing to kill), cuz the devil's playing to win as well and he's damn good at his game. There's a reason why drug lords are armed to the teeth...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

4. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Hell, they HAD a clear shot (after Hank killed Tuco), but they decided to run away instead. Walt had to know that Hank was breathing down his neck if he drove all the way out there in the first place. Walt should regard Hank as a primary threat to his operation, and hence a primary threat to his family's future well being.

If you're willing to play poker with the devil (cooking Meth), you gotta put all your chips in (ie be willing to kill), cuz the devil's playing to win as well and he's damn good at his game. There's a reason why drug lords are armed to the teeth...
    I do agree with you, yes. We should talk more when you finish off season 4.

But I do appreciate how Walt tries to find a way to not kill people until he's backed completely into a corner.

Better yet you should come on over and we can watch the remainder of the series on my big screen. We can scream and boo at the law enforcement and DEA officers, and cheer and hi 5 for Walt and his gang.

I can't believe a TV show could flop my morals so drastically....errr...wait, nevermind. I CAN believe it. Breaking Bad is like a modern day Beowulf story.

7. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Better yet you should come on over and we can watch the remainder of the series on my big screen. We can scream and boo at the law enforcement and DEA officers, and cheer and hi 5 for Walt and his gang.
    HAA! Have you guys beat: we just got back from a 5-day camping trip in the southern San Juans (Conejos River), and our friends who we camped with brought along their small widescreen TV, laptop with episodes 4 & 5 of Season 5, and all 4 of us convened in our RV to watch them at night after dinner and cocktails . We have all been getting together to watch the show for a year now, so this was merely an extension of that.

Season 5 is totally unhinged. It is gearing up to have an explosive, dark ending, although it's anyone's guess as to how exactly that will play out. Walt's dark side is fully exposed, and after episodes 4 & 5, they are on a path with no return.

Season 5 is split into two "mini-seasons", and there are only 3 episodes left in the first one. I hope we don't have to wait a full year to see the second half!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

That is awesome! Sounds like a great time for sure.

I'm actually most intrigued how the story progresses around his wife. Amazing writing and storyline. Really enjoying it. I got a couple more episodes left, then I have to wait like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    That is awesome! Sounds like a great time for sure.

I'm actually most intrigued how the money is corrupting his wife. His whole purpose was to keep her pure and uninvolved, now she is getting in over her head as well. This whole operation is pretty much a failure on every level. Amazing writing and storyline. Really enjoying it. I got a couple more episodes left, then I have to wait like everyone else.

OK ~~ YOU GOTTA GIVE FAIR WARNING WHEN ANNOUNCING SPOILERS!! NOW I KNOW SKYLER GETS IN ON THE ACTION....Sheesh!

OK ~~ YOU GOTTA GIVE FAIR WARNING WHEN ANNOUNCING SPOILERS!! NOW I KNOW SKYLER GETS IN ON THE ACTION....Sheesh!
    Dat's why I say nuthin' 'bout nuthin', detail-wise....you'll find out, and be on your own time .

I will say that the season finale of the 4th, at the end, flipped me out. I have seen lots of...things...on movies and TV, but this was something on a whole new level of disturbing. But, of course, I insisted we re-watch that part anyway .

DC - no giving it away!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

Hey hey I never said she gets in on the action. I'm just saying.. never mind edited...

The Hank thing becomes a major dealio.....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

It's pretty sad when Walter has to shoot Hank in front of his wife.

15. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

HEY.....DOUCHEBAG.....GTFO OF MY THREAD!!!

HEY.....DOUCHEBAG.....GTFO OF MY THREAD!!!
    Good one, 'Beech !

You know not to believe anything he (Justin) says about movie or show plots/spoilers, right ?
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

I was more surprised to find out Walt Jr was banging Hank's wife, which set up the confrontation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I was more surprised to find out Walt Jr was banging Hank's wife, which set up the confrontation to begin with.

Crutches make for great foreplay items.

And if you're creative enough, you can slip a head through the two wider bars at the top, and do some erotic asphyxiation -- Emilio style.

Anyone know where to get season 5, starting at episode 1?

torrent-finder.info

search Breaking Bad S05E01

torrent-finder.info

search Breaking Bad S05E01

Admitting ignorance here: Isn't "torrenting" basically what Limewire was about 7 - 8 years ago? As I recall, Limewire was a breeding ground for thousands of really nasty viruses. What's the diff? Step me through this.

While the end result may be similar to the old Limewire P2P sharing, Torrents are considered much safer.

You'll still use a client like you did with Limewire, but a very popular and safe client I use is uTorrent. You can either search for torrents through the client, or go online like I prefer to a site at torrent-finder.info which is basically a site that searches over many other sites for torrents.

The number one difference between torrents and straight file sharing, is torrents are grabbing the fractions, sometimes up to tens of thousands of fractions of a file depending on how many seeds are out there, and it compiles them all on your end. So the likelyhood of a virus getting attached to the one file is almost nil.

Plus on sites like that, you'll read the comments and reviews on if the file was malicious, or if the audio just sucked, or if it doesn't work, stuff like that. The good files always get bumped to the top, hence more seeds, hence faster downloads. You should give it a try.

So here's last week's Sons of Anarchy latest episode, 8700+ seeds on the top torrent out of 33 torrents. Depending on download speed and size you could have this in 20 minutes or less. It's just all about the resources now vs Limewire.

Name:  sons.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  24.4 KB

What's a "Leech?"

So are these just downloads that you can save on your computer forever, or do they expire?