Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad

My New Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad

Since we don't have a Movies/TV section...

I just stumbled upon it on Netflix the other day....OMG. It's almost as addictive as the Meth portrayed in the episodes. I just finished season 1 yesterday, and I started watching on Monday. Can't wait to see the next 3 seasons!

It falls into my top three favs right along with Dexter and 6 Feet Under.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I started watching because my friend is a set forman on the show in New Mexico. Amazing work by the screen writers and actors. Be prepared, as foreshadowed, the show dives deep into Bryan Cranston's character's deep, dark psyche. Some people just can't take it but its worth the journey.

You also might "Luther" from the series you have mentioned above. I am a season or two behind on Dexter myself. And of course there is always the "Wire", which I think was a paradigm shift in television.

The last two seasons of Dexter can't hold a candle to the first two IMO. I believe I have a bit of a dark psyche myself, which might explain my penchant for these kinds of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I just stumbled upon it on Netflix the other day....OMG. It's almost as addictive as the Meth portrayed in the episodes. I just finished season 1 yesterday, and I started watching on Monday. Can't wait to see the next 3 seasons!
    Oh, just wait: it gets better, deeper and darker as the seasons go on !

We are having bi-weekly "Breaking Bad" parties at our friend's because she has been torrenting the current season episodes, and we are all totally obsessed with the show .

It's probably our favorite currently running cable network show as well. The cinematography is exceptional; it adds to the dark and twisted nature of the show.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Re: My New Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad

Check out the "torrent" thread for more on these TV shows and a few other good ones.

As for breaking bad.... this will be the final season so I expect anything might happen... including killing off main chractors.

FWIW: breaking bad, the wire, and Dexter are some of my all time favorites.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hadn't paid attention to the news about its final season. Sounds like the 16 episodes will be aired over two summers though, ending next summer.

Bummer. Sometimes you have to kill a show before its ruined by continuation though. Bad news for my friend, was solid, reliable work since 2007. Hope they get another show into the studios down in ABQ.

The last two seasons of Dexter can't hold a candle to the first two IMO. I believe I have a bit of a dark psyche myself, which might explain my penchant for these kinds of shows.
    Agreed on Dexter, his character was written differently after the first two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile View Post
    The cinematography is exceptional;
    I love the time lapse shots of the sunshine, traffic, etc. Contrasts quite well to the dark tone set by the actions of the main characters.

BTW, I love your sig.

I love the time lapse shots of the sunshine, traffic, etc. Contrasts quite well to the dark tone set by the actions of the main characters.
    Exactly - the time lapse shots are my favorites. Also, the clips that are shot in sepia tone. There is one opening scene in particular, not sure what season these two characters appear, but it shows people crawling across the desert, and then you see these characters (brothers). Holy crap, is it freaky! But, it so perfectly sets the stage for those guys introduction into the show. And their boots .

Another thing I like about the show is that it in no way, shape or form glorifies condones meth, meth users or meth cookers.

BTW, I love your sig.
    I'm glad others get a chuckle out of it as well .

Oh, also totally agree with you and Phillip about Dexter. I think it's probably just really hard for some shows to hold their edge over several seasons. Another example is "Weeds", which was totally awesome for the first two seasons, and has gone downhill since then to the point I pretty much can't stand any of the characters except for Andy and Shane, and we quit watching before the season ended.

We also like "Sons of Anarchy", "Boardwalk Empire", "The Walking Dead" (a surprise, because I normally detest zombie-themed anything), and "Justified", which has colorful characters and lots of dry humor. And we are watching "Rescue Me", which isn't current, but we are working through Season 4 on Netflix. It's also got many dark elements in it.

Oh, and I can't forget "Game of Thrones", which is also a genre I don't usually watch, but it's amazing. The director describes it as: "the Sopranos meets middle earth", which I think is pretty accurate.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

+1 for "The Walking Dead", except, now Dish isn't carrying AMC.
    I also really like "Falling Skies" on TNT.
    Are we there yet?

The Borgia's, The Tudors, Boss, Pillars of the Earth, Spartacus, Rome, Deadwood, Hell on Wheels, Underbelly, Mad Men are all shows I watch and enjoy.

For those that don't know.... Underbelly is like a true version of Soprano's. Its Australia's number 1 show. I torrented the show, not sure if its available in the USA on netflex or DVD.

Sent using Tapatalk

ohhhh... Just started watching because of this thread. Only a couple episodes in but you guys are right, good stuff!

Thanks for the recommend. Just got done with Dexter and really enjoyed that as well. Each season just gets better and better.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I've torrented every single episode of Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Falling Skies... screw TV

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I've torrented every single episode of Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Falling Skies... screw TV
    This is also a very good website (most shows show up the day after they air and you can stream them free). http://www.yourtvseri.es/ (Note not all options are free... the VK free on each show is though)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Walking Dead is a fun show.... but the plot is full of holes.

I hope a zombie chomps the bitch wife and dumbass kid this season.

Darrel is by far my favorite..... I'm just waiting for the day his brother re-appears.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Walking Dead turned into a bad day-time soap opera during the middle of last season. There weren't even zombies for like 3-4 episodes. I am hoping they get back to the graphic novel, which they hinted at with the final episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

A lot of the better stuff used to be on HBO (it's not TV), but the other networks have caught up, and are now giving HBO a run for their money - Showtime with Dexter and Homeland, FX with Louie, AMC with Breaking Bad, etc

If you like comedy check out "Eastbound and Down".

Kenny Powers cracks me up.

This is my favorite

Warning: language

OMG!!! I'm on season 2, episode 3, and every episode now makes my stomach churn and my palms sweat!! Why didn't they shoot Hank when they had the chance (at Tuco's dad's shack)?!?!