Thread: Potato Clock

Potato Clock

Paddy goes into a clock shop and asks the shop keeper if he sells potato clocks.

The shop keeper says "Are you taking the mickey? We sell cuckoo clocks, carriage clocks, grandfather clocks and alarm clocks. Wot the feck is a potato clock?"

Paddy says "I dunno, but I start a new job at nine tomorrow and the wife said I'd better get a potato clock"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't post/visit the joke foum often, but am I the only one that doesn't get this?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Re: Potato Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I don't post/visit the joke foum often, but am I the only one that doesn't get this?
    Patato clock = 8 o'clock.... if said with a make believe Irish accent.

Sent using Tapatalk

OK.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Even with an American accent: get a potato clock. Get up at 8.....oh never mind!

Incidentally, the American accent hails from the southern Irish accent, due to the large immigration influx of Irish to the eastern seabord of the US back in them days (coincidentally due in part to the potato famine !

It's the same reason the IRA got 99% of it's funding from the NY/Boston/New England States, right up to 9 / 11 when the eastern US seabord woke up and understood what terrorism was. Such a pity it took that to wake them up.

The IRA is now pretty much defunct due to lack of funding from Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Even with an American accent: get a potato clock. Get up at 8.....oh never mind!

Incidentally, the American accent hails from the southern Irish accent, due to the large immigration influx of Irish to the eastern seabord of the US back in them days (coincidentally due in part to the potato famine !

It's the same reason the IRA got 99% of it's funding from the NY/Boston/New England States, right up to 9 / 11 when the eastern US seabord woke up and understood what terrorism was. Such a pity it took that to wake them up.

The IRA is now pretty much defunct due to lack of funding from Americans.
    Incidentally there are many accents in the US. I would still fund the IRA..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into a bar.
    The barman said: "Is this some kind of joke?"